IPab strange no internet problem

userlee5267

TK Veteran
hello all

I’ve had a weird problem for weeks now I have posted on iPab Facebook page.

I have the latest build from iPab and it’s installed all ok, I have checked and double checked everything.

But every time I press red for iPab menu it says no internet connection, I’ve checked network test and now all pass the test as green no errors. But still it shows no internet when I press red button for iPab menu.

Also this affects XE plugin aswell. My provider said to set this to update hourly and it’s all set up as he said. But that always says failed to update as no internet connection.

But the weird thing is my iptv still runs in the back ground and I can download plugins.

This might seem no problem to many but the epg won’t load and no updated channel lists. I’ve tried two providers and get the same problem it’s got to be the image or zgemma.

If I try to many times to update the channel list the box crashes saying something like XOF limit reached.

I’m at my wits end here lol

Used ipab on lots of H2s and never had that problem.When you first flashed ipab did you do the yellow emergency update and are you using a 64gb memory stick.

i would be asking if after you reflashed box you setup the hdd or usb again as in mounted and epg is to go there and not internal flash?

Yes done all of the above and got a 750gb hd connected all fully mounted and epg is there but it doesn’t update. So I slowly lose it. It’s started to affect my iptv as of tonight if I get no internet connection my iptv goes off now. But my internet check still passes all the green ticks.

On there Facebook page there was two or three lads with the same problem.

But there was no answers from admin. Just saying if iptv works then don’t worry.

But nothing updates no epg as it dies and no updated channel lists eithe.

Strange thing is once I reflash it works ok for a few days then slowly gets itself into a mess

yes when you reflashed did you setup box from scratch and no settings restore as i had epg vanish as downloaded 7 days events and next day only had hours left so must have been a bug.

Yes set up from scratch didn’t restore nothing. Yes sometimes it says I have the latest version and sometimes it says check internet

Turned on this morning was connected. So I pressed red button then 1 that showed as connected and all but with external ip error. It updated iptv player etc from there no problems but I still have external ip error

cant get it to work full stop... ipeeetv not working, app not working, no green light unless i run network test about 5 times.

content controls are double checked and off, firewall on router is off, ip is static checked and follwed a guide to fix it.

i run out of ideas here. could be a dodgy zgemma?

was box powered off at rear as it could be a faulty lan port,if you had a wifi dongle you could see if that works,hdmi and lan port issues i have heard on zgemma boxes.

no its always just turned off with remote. the lights are both flashing on the zgemma ethernet port.

the channels clear if i leave it for a few minutes they come on. but still get no internet connection problems

what does external ip error actually mean?

did you say you changed lan cable and is it direct to router?
not too sure if its a gateway error as in external ip error and you said that you have checked router blockage?

Yes checked router content blocks there off and the routers firewall is off to. Yes tried new cables to. Connected by home plugs, but tried a straight connection to

Its worked fine as is for over 1 year

Right. Phoned Vodafone and there fooking useless there going when contracts up. There blaming WiFi problems lol. Wtf are they smoking

Well I come home from work and tried a few things. Tried different Ethernet ports again no change.

Thought I will play with the zgemma settings turned off dhcp I ain’t sure what that is but read someone advised it on here.

The stream started stuttering like crazy not like my usual rock steady iptv I’m used to. So I saved the settings rebooted the zgemma and hey presto it’s fine. All working as should now.

What is dhcp and what have I done ha??

Not sure exactly but I thing you normally turn dhcp off when using your main router in modem mode and have a second router connected .Mine has dhcp enabled and works fine so it could be a vodaphone issue.

Back