Iphone 6's ive been conned

malstron

Hi all, I bought a used Iphone 6's from a shop owner in my town, when i got it home I put i tunes on but it was running very slow. I got back in touch with the lad from the shop and he said it will be the battery. In this time his shop closed down, he came and put another battery in phone, he then went and said it would now be fine. after he went I again tried to put phone on but found out it was worse. I messaged the lad but now his shop has closed and now get no reply from him, he lives out of my town so I cant get hold of him.
The problem with the phone is once I switch it on, I get about 2 minutes of life while connected to the charger before it switches itself back off.
Has anyone got any Idea how to fix this or how much I would get for it as it is ? I paid 160 pound for it and never got chance to use it.
Thanks for your help in advance

Broken iPhone 6s will get about £30-£40, working will get about £100. That's on a mobile recycling site.

You will be very, very lucky to get your £160 back.

New battery is about £10 on eBay, but if it's the phone that's broke, I think you are screwed, sorry to say.

Have you tried leaving it plugged in on charge over night to see if it puts any life in the battery.

unfortunately,
once a 'smart' battery has been software degraded, it cant be brought back again by software alone,
it needs mechanically restored.
what crapple effectively done was software degrade the batteries,
although, in all honesty, in this case it seems the OP either got a duff phone, or one with a duff battery, and then another duff battery as replacement.
maybe try an aftermarket battery if they are available.

If its dying after 2 minutes its definitely the battery! My sons nexus 7 tablet was the same, once i replaced the battery it was like a new tablet again and lasts hours! Get a brand new battery installed!

Im writing this on a 6s atm that ive owned for 2 years and get around a days battery life out off it still, great phone! Main reason i use apple is because of the telnet and ftp apps on ios!

Back