IPTV Box - What to use

KDMann

Hi Guys,

Looking at moving over to IPTV, What box is best?

Ive been looking at Mag250's if anyone can give me a quick review on it

Can any boxes have skins on them as id love it to look like sly!

If you are considering a Mag box then look at the Mag 254, it is newer and faster. The Mag 256 is newer still but is not recommended at this time because it has a number of bugs to be worked out. The Mag box is not intended to be customised, it has some graphics set by your IPTV provide but you can not change the look and feel.

If you want to be able to try different skins and customise, consider an android TV box (min 2GB of memory) and run Kodi.

If you are considering a Mag box then look at the Mag 254, it is newer and faster. The Mag 256 is newer still but is not recommended at this time because it has a number of bugs to be worked out. The Mag box is not intended to be customised, it has some graphics set by your IPTV provide but you can not change the look and feel.

If you want to be able to try different skins and customise, consider an android TV box (min 2GB of memory) and run Kodi.
Thankyou.

I understand iptv boxes arent meant to look like sky.

Thanks for the advice i think mag is the way forward

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

or a now tv running plex ;)

i have both and prefer the now tv tbh though they both do a good job!

Hi guys, I have a Vu+ Solo SE V2 Twin Tuner DVB-C/T/T2 Cable / Terrestrial Linux HD PVR Ready Receiver. Can this be used for IPTV? Will it's performance not be as good as the Mag box mentioned in previous comments?

Hi guys, I have a Vu+ Solo SE V2 Twin Tuner DVB-C/T/T2 Cable / Terrestrial Linux HD PVR Ready Receiver. Can this be used for IPTV? Will it's performance not be as good as the Mag box mentioned in previous comments?

I have the same box.
I have iptv sub on mine and it runs a treat.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Magboxes are the market leader and will run your iptv perfect,A lot of providers have a sky like skin setup,I have over 2000 channels and vod and catch up tv

I have a mag254 box running my iptv service now, very good indeed. it has a blue skin but if your looking at a like for like s*y replacement this is not it. I also have a now tv box (received yesterday) that i am setting up with a plex account to be able to catch all my tv shows and movies, it will also allow you to run iptv from within plex. In my office/study i have an android box running kodi, plex and iptv and a few other android apps for content.

If you want a s*y like for like replacement then get yourself a zgemma h2s install the wooshbuild get a gift.

I'm ok at the moment as i've got a dual zgemma. I would probably go with a Mag box if it came to it but I would miss the pause, record and rewind function.

slyuser,
I have zg.emma H2s and run Wooshbuild....great.
Question: Can you run this through a VPN?

Im not sure the box allows specific vpn connections.

My router has vpn set up, so all traffic connected to that specific router goes through the VPN. I would suggest you look at doing the same with the iptv.

I already have a h2s but looking for an iptv box with sky look

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

You can use echannizer to add the iptv to your current channel list. This is what i have done. The IPTV shows up in the folders and the look and feel remains sly. One of the resons i like using the e2 box for IPTV. The magbox is better but the look and feel is clunky and dated but functional.

Still working on getting epg working and trying to work out how the vod would work on the box and how it would be updated with new content.

Im am currently using a Skybox F5S and Bladebox BM5000s with a line, are these both no good to get IPTV? If that is the case, can anyone advice what app is required on a smart tv to get it? Thanks

Back