IPTV EPG List

hiranuk

Hi

I have a Zgemma H.2H on a virgin line. I recently got ITPV with a provider and i can view all the channels but there is no EPG so i cannot see what programmes are coming up next.

Does anyone have a guide on how to set up EPG for IPTV on Zgemma boxes.

Thanks in advance

Ask your provider if he can supply you an EPG. If he can't do that, then he is not a very good provider!

You can create your own bouquets with an epg either through eChanneliser or Xtream editor.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Ask your provider if he can supply you an EPG. If he can't do that, then he is not a very good provider!

You can create your own bouquets with an epg either through eChanneliser or Xtream editor.

Thanks. If my provider provides me with an EPG, do i FTP it to my box? do i need to got hte EPG menu on my box and run a scan? or jsut reboot the box. Thanks

Just as a matter of interest, which format did your provider give you e.g. script, m3u, m3u url, or plugin?

Ideally, the best option is a script. When you 'putty' your script over to your box, you should see separate bouquets with an epg. If you are not seeing bouquets, then the chances are that it is not a script you have.

If you have received a m3u, then you can use eChanneliser. The downside is that you will have to create your own bouquets. Are you currently seeing one long bouquet with thousands of channels listed but no epg? Echanneliser allows you to divide that bouquet up into smaller managable bouquets.

Alternatively, you may be receiving iptv through the xtreamtv plugin. In this case, you are probably only seeing programme titles currently showing and 'next'. If this is the case, request a script from your provider. So much easier.

Just as a matter of interest, which format did your provider give you e.g. script, m3u, m3u url, or plugin?

Ideally, the best option is a script. When you 'putty' your script over to your box, you should see separate bouquets with an epg. If you are not seeing bouquets, then the chances are that it is not a script you have.

If you have received a m3u, then you can use eChanneliser. The downside is that you will have to create your own bouquets. Are you currently seeing one long bouquet with thousands of channels listed but no epg? Echanneliser allows you to divide that bouquet up into smaller managable bouquets.

Alternatively, you may be receiving iptv through the xtreamtv plugin. In this case, you are probably only seeing programme titles currently showing and 'next'. If this is the case, request a script from your provider. So much easier.

Hi thanks. i have this from my provider

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

-<items>

<plugin_version>0.1</plugin_version>

-<xtream_e2portal_url>

<![CDATA[http://iptv.abc123csp.com:85/enigma2.php]]>

</xtream_e2portal_url>

<username>XXXXXXX-XXXXXX</username>

<password>4085741</password>

<esr_id/>

<ar_id_start/>

<ar_id_end/>

<security_key/>

</items>

i also have this

wget -O /etc/enigma2/iptv.sh "http://i.mytvservices.com:85/enigma.php?cmd=getbouq&xxx=1&username=XXXXXX-201024&password=XXXXXXX" && chmod 755 /etc/enigma2/iptv.sh && /etc/enigma2/iptv.sh

The above script i telnet to my box and i saw all the IPTV bouquets but there was no epg info just channel names. DO i need to telnet or FTP the <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> script to the box as well ?. Thanks

Forget the xtream plugin.

The good news is that you have a script. It is the line beginning with "wget" and ending with "iptv.sh".

(1) Download putty.
(2) put in your box's ip address.
(3) type in the word 'root' in the new box which appears.
(4) copy and paste your script beginning with 'wget'.
(5) once finished, go into your box to see if your new bouquets have appeared. You may end up with just the one long bouquet with all your channels listed. If this is the case, download echanneliser to create your own bouquets.
(6) on your box, go into plugins and see if you have "EPG Importer". You may need to download it.
(7) go into EPG importer; blue button for Sources. Tick the relevant new source associated with your provider. green button to save. yellow button to manually import the events (epg listings). This will take a few minutes.
(8) go back into your EPG and see if your listings appear.

Sorry, just saw your last paragraph. Go into EPG importer in plugins and see if one of the sources is associated with your provider.

Which image build are you using? If you are using Wooshbuild, epgimporter is pre-installed within plugins. If you are using VIX, I believe you have to download EPG importer as it is not pre-installed.

Sorry, just saw your last paragraph. Go into EPG importer in plugins and see if one of the sources is associated with your provider.

Which image build are you using? If you are using Wooshbuild, epgimporter is pre-installed within plugins. If you are using VIX, I believe you have to download EPG importer as it is not pre-installed.

Hi

thanks ill give it a try. Im using Open ATV so ill download the EPG importer and try that.

Should work fine. Let me know. If not, your supplier has not provided you an epg. In which case, you will need to use either eChanneliser or xtream editor to create a workable epg. Hopefully, it won't come to that though.

Should work fine. Let me know. If not, your supplier has not provided you an epg. In which case, you will need to use either eChanneliser or xtream editor to create a workable epg. Hopefully, it won't come to that though.

Yes that worked, i now have the EPG. I now just need to find a way to easily load all the picons that were there when i have the virgin line and not the IPTV. ill have a look at echanneliser to do that. thanks

Back