IPTV EPG Not Working

Hi, I've been intermittently been having an issue with my EPG over the last few weeks (can't see it related to any changes I've made).

I have an IPTV line, which I'm using on my Android TV using the Perfect Player app. All of the channels work however sometimes the EPG doesn't show any of the channels (picture attached), when it doesn't show any of the channels on the EPG, I can still view the channel however just got to go through them to see what's on. At other times it works and shows all of the shows that are on the EPG.

I've tried clearing and re-entering the URL in the EPG section of the settings, I've also checked with the line provider who advised that they're not having any issues nor has anyone else mentioned it.

The only thing I can potentially see it being linked to is a internet connection issue, which I have been having however it seems a bit odd that it's just effecting the EPG show display and the channels itself are working fine.

Any support is appreciated.20180817_203331.jpg

What have you tried to troubleshoot? Restart app/box, entered your M3U & EPG details again, checked internet?

Also is your issue intermittent? Any patterns?

Hi, I've been intermittently been having an issue with my EPG over the last few weeks (can't see it related to any changes I've made).

I have an IPTV line, which I'm using on my Android TV using the Perfect Player app. All of the channels work however sometimes the EPG doesn't show any of the channels (picture attached), when it doesn't show any of the channels on the EPG, I can still view the channel however just got to go through them to see what's on. At other times it works and shows all of the shows that are on the EPG.

I've tried clearing and re-entering the URL in the EPG section of the settings, I've also checked with the line provider who advised that they're not having any issues nor has anyone else mentioned it.

The only thing I can potentially see it being linked to is a internet connection issue, which I have been having however it seems a bit odd that it's just effecting the EPG show display and the channels itself are working fine.

Any support is appreciated.View attachment 34469
Did u sort this ? I have the same issue my epg works for 1 day then goes off but like you I can also watch the channel.

Try this, when putting in your EPG address, below it is another selectable setting, that normally says, download if no data on current date. Select that and instead choose, download at each update.

Try this, when putting in your EPG address, below it is another selectable setting, that normally says, download if no data on current date. Select that and instead choose, download at each update.
Just had a look and the setting is already set to 'download at each update' .

I've done a factory reset and entered the epg url in again, done this last week but still no luck. Also I do an update on perfect player and it says its playlist downloaded and epg downloaded... It has a number after playlist downloaded but not after epg (I'll try taking a pic of it) , not sure if that's related to the issue though

Still no luck with getting the epg working, it's been off (not showing what channels are on) more than it's been working.
I'm going to be playing around with my Internet set up later this week to see if that makes a different - prioritising/QoS for IPTV. Will post an update once I've tested it out

Still no luck with getting the epg working, it's been off (not showing what channels are on) more than it's been working.
I'm going to be playing around with my Internet set up later this week to see if that makes a different - prioritising/QoS for IPTV. Will post an update once I've tested it out
Hi m8 I had the same problem last week it was off for a full 24 hours
I woke up the next morning and it was back on again.it could just be down to your subscription provider I know sometimes if my sub provider is adding or taking channels off this causes the epg not to display,

Hmmm my epg seems to be off now more than it actually works and it's intermittently been like this for a couple of months so would be surprised if it was purely down to my provider.
I have checked with them and they're not aware of any issue however once I have a play around with my Internet set up later this week, if that still doesn't help I may go back to the provider again.

Hmmm my epg seems to be off now more than it actually works and it's intermittently been like this for a couple of months so would be surprised if it was purely down to my provider.
I have checked with them and they're not aware of any issue however once I have a play around with my Internet set up later this week, if that still doesn't help I may go back to the provider again.
I don’t think my problem was down to my provider to be honest because my parents have the exact same box and are with the same provider a there epg was working fine so I never really got to the bottom of it.have you tried mounting your usb again or even try taking out your usb and run the channel list updater

Back