Iptv not working with router

narl

Here is a bit of an unusual one.
I have a 3rd party router TP Link - Archer C60 - when I plugin the VM router, everything appears to be fine, when I plug in the tp link router, the only thing that works is the Freeview channels.

I have even set the box into the DMZ of the router, still nothing.

Any ideas?

You should be able to use iptv without a VPN. Although i am aware some suppliers still require people to use them when football is on.

Your VM router has updated firmware which is blocking your box. It is possible to get round it but its complicated. I think this will be the way forward for a lot of the isps to block iptv services. I will post a link into the thread regarding it. I need to find it first. Ive found this on another forum it relates to websafe, im assuming youve disabled it but if not heres a link https://www.tech2guides.co.uk/how-to-disable-websafe-feature-on-virgin-media/
Another very interesting read https://www.reddit.com/r/IPTV/comments/76xo8q/how_do_the_isps_block_iptv_providers_for_the_epl/ i cant find the tutorial on how to configure the vm router looks like its been removed.

Last edited:
#why are you using a 3rd party router with your vm router? Are you connecting one then the other? or uplinking to the 3rd party router to give you more ports?

#why are you using a 3rd party router with your vm router? Are you connecting one then the other? or uplinking to the 3rd party router to give you more ports?
Because VM routers are crap. Get yourself your own decent router and put your vm router into modem mode.

I think most routers that isps provide are crap. I used to have a huwai from talk talk was awful. Thats the work around as well put the router into modem mode and as ASHHBI says get your self a decent router to connect to it.

I think most routers that isps provide are crap. I used to have a huwai from talk talk was awful. Thats the work around as well put the router into modem mode and as ASHHBI says get your self a decent router to connect to it.

Surely if he needs a VPN then he'd need a spyder box ?

I have an asus vpn router connected in between my router and box was a bit tricky to set up but it does work well but theres a drop in performance which is to be expected.

like said earlier you could have a few tests to see if you can find another supplier who doesn't need a VPN for your service to work, if you are happy using VPN so no need just stick with what you have.

The IPTV provider I am using doesn’t require a VPN due to their locality.

Websafe and all that is turned off.
I run both CS and IPTV.
When I set the vuduo2 to have a set IP address the IPTV doesn’t work. When I set it dynamically it works fine. I’m not sure what is going on.

The IPTV works fine when I have a VPN on.

The IPTV provider I am using doesn’t require a VPN due to their locality.

Websafe and all that is turned off.
I run both CS and IPTV.
When I set the vuduo2 to have a set IP address the IPTV doesn’t work. When I set it dynamically it works fine. I’m not sure what is going on.

The IPTV works fine when I have a VPN on.

Did you reboot your router after assigning a fixed IP , ?

Yep sure did.
I think I have found the problem, the Vu duo 2 has an internal network card, a few minutes ago the picture froze and did not come back at all, I have an Edison box upstairs, I plugged that in, within 10 seconds the picture returned, it seems the duo has an issue with the network card, but by the looks of things this can not be replaced which is a nuisance.

Yep sure did.
I think I have found the problem, the Vu duo 2 has an internal network card, a few minutes ago the picture froze and did not come back at all, I have an Edison box upstairs, I plugged that in, within 10 seconds the picture returned, it seems the duo has an issue with the network card, but by the looks of things this can not be replaced which is a nuisance.
Have you tried the duo2 via wireless.

To me it sounds like more of a problem with the box. If you have re-flashed it and you are still getting problems it looks like some sort of hardware issue.

To me it sounds like more of a problem with the box. If you have re-flashed it and you are still getting problems it looks like some sort of hardware issue.
Yeah I was thinking that.
I went from VIX to woosh build then to iPab but the same issue remains.

Back