IPTV on smart TV question

channelking

Hi guys

I have a panasonic and samsung smart tv but both are over 5 years old though so does that mean IPTV app would not be on either as I have searched the app store on both but cant find IPTV app? I am guessing cant sideload an IPTV app on them lol?

Seems reading some threads on smart TV with android software has the IPTV app

If your tv's are over 5 years they may not be compatible with the siptv app but you can check on their website http://siptv.eu/news/. Even if you can load it, having had it on a couple of tv's (one a 5yr+ Samsung) I would not recommend it particularly for older sets as they will not play some of the current codecs and you cannot update them. Secondly the processors in these sets are nowhere near as good as a good android box with stbemu or similar app and you have the added advantage of being able to put a vpn on it. With siptv installed on a smart tv you are limited to a router with a vpn installed which is far more expensive.

Hi guys

I have a panasonic and samsung smart tv but both are over 5 years old though so does that mean IPTV app would not be on either as I have searched the app store on both but cant find IPTV app? I am guessing cant sideload an IPTV app on them lol?

Seems reading some threads on smart TV with android software has the IPTV app
to old to have the apps on

No worries, thought it was worth an ask. But makes sense that such old "smart tvs" dont have such an app for IPTV.

Cheers guys.

I use the Smart IPTV app on my Samsung which is about 5 years old and it runs fine without any issues.

The model is UE40F6400

I use the Smart IPTV app on my Samsung which is about 5 years old and it runs fine without any issues.

The model is UE40F6400
Yes, I am sure it works fine. However for many people it doesnt, it can be unstable, and if your set is not compatible, i.e doesnt play the latest codecs, some streams will not load. Many people are not aware of the codec issue and just put the stream not loading down to a 'bad link' however if you carry out the full test with the siptv sample streams you may find a couple dont load that is due to the tv not having the correct codec software. So when carrying out the test the tv must play all the sample streams to be fully compatible. Not to mention the 'crap epg', LOL.

I have a brand new Samsung and use the app. The only issue appears to be buffering and I assumed its my internet speed...But on this subscription I lose sound quite a bit and have to reset the channel to restore the sound.
Maybe its the codec?

Well there are audio and video codecs but if its a new Samsung it should be ok. You can test it by viewing the sample streams on the siptv site, they cover a wide range of codecs and you should be able to play them all or there is an issue. However, having said all that I would suspect it is likely a supplier issue, particularly when you refer to buffering and loss of sound. How about playing it on your pc via vlc to see if the same problem still exists or get a couple of test subs to compare? Buffering can be a speed issue but if you are hard wired and have 7-10 mbps you should be ok.

The model is UE40F6400

My model is UE as well but no smart IPTV app.

Seems alot of apps that were originally supported are no longer due to how old it is.

Back