Iptv openbox no name channel problem

Thank you for getting back to me much appreciated.
I have messaged supplier and this is the only m3u file that he sends. I have tried this on the VLC player and works a treat. I have seen somewhere else that there is a program, which you can use, but the link is missing. Would you know anything about this please?
Many thanks for your time

just edit the m3u yourself take away the _plus away from the m3u then enter the edited m3u in browser it will download drag and drop on usb rename it WEBTV and put in box and delete whats there then read from usb

just edit the m3u yourself take away the _plus away from the m3u then enter the edited m3u in browser it will download drag and drop on usb rename it WEBTV and put in box and delete whats there then read from usb

or if you want send me your m3u and il do it for you, p/m myself

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all, I'm pretty new to tech kings and have an interest in certain aspects of these posts. I am a visual programmer with over 20 years experience. I've noticed that a few people are experiencing problems with using the iptv service on their almost dead openbox. Well let me inform you the iptv service works very well on a openbox. I got a few test lines from various people and received them in m3u format. On loading the list into my openbox I soon become aware that the channel name just said "no name" well I have a quick fix for this. I've made a little scanner that will adjust your m3u file and name them correctly and save the correct file name WebTv.m3u. This is very easy to use and very quick and effortless. This is free of charge and with the permission of the admins I will include the link or upload to the files section. I just think it's nice to give something back to the community that help so many people.

A Windows PC is needed, and a m3u file that gives you a no name on the channel. Nothing worse than not knowing what channel your on.

There are no advertising in the program, no payment, no donate buttons, no adware, no spyware. Just a clean helpful program.

So if an admin can contact me regarding permissions please.

Any questions please fire away.

Regards Wayne
could you send me the link please

yes please
Hi, if you just edit the M3U file in some text editor then for example
#EXTINF:-1 tvg-id="BBCOneHD.uk" tvg-name="UKe: BBC One HD" tvg-logo="http://tetra.live/chansicons/bbconehd.png" group-title="UK.Entertainment",UKe: BBC One HD
would become #EXTINF:-1, BBCOneHD this would give the channel on openbox BBCone HD, note the , after the -1.
I did this with my complete list and now have all info on screen you can do a search and replace to say find -1 and replace -1, this will then give all text after the comma on your channel info, keep your existing file, then copy and edit it and try it out if its no good you can go back to the original file

Not working for me any one got the download file for the windows that rename it for you seen on here is should a program but can't find it anywhere

Hi, on IPTV its the provider that supplies the program names and epg file are you using the m3u file from them?

[
Sorry I'm not quite with you what box are you using? as far as I know this site is mainly for Zgemma users, but I will try to help best I can You need to give me some background, what hardware do you have? what program are you using, the channel info is in the M3U file e.g if u use vlc (good free video program) most M3U files automatically load with the detail it may be a problem with the program (app) your using, if you can give me more detail of the set up and app/software your using I will help best I can

Last edited by a moderator:
Ooen
[
Sorry I'm not quite with you what box are you using? as far as I know this site is mainly for Zgemma users, but I will try to help best I can You need to give me some background, what hardware do you have? what program are you using, the channel info is in the M3U file e.g if u use vlc (good free video program) most M3U files automatically load with the detail it may be a problem with the program (app) your using, if you can give me more detail of the set up and app/software your using I will help best I can

your provider should of told you that as it dont update the channels list for you you need to do it every day 4-5 times aday due to the channels going down so it wont update then you end up with half the list not working. ive been through this with many users not worth providing a user with and open box as they just get there hair off

Sorry using open box v8s no name web TV m3u mate
Yes I had a similar problem, the openbox does not look at M3U file in the normal way I modified my m3u file to make mine work you won't get any epg either just the programs, I use a proper IPTV box (Informir ) which works great from my iptv supplier even get catch up (you can't record) I ended up retuning my openbox as it doesn't work as advertised its great for satellite but that's about it

Hi all, I'm pretty new to tech kings and have an interest in certain aspects of these posts. I am a visual programmer with over 20 years experience. I've noticed that a few people are experiencing problems with using the iptv service on their almost dead openbox. Well let me inform you the iptv service works very well on a openbox. I got a few test lines from various people and received them in m3u format. On loading the list into my openbox I soon become aware that the channel name just said "no name" well I have a quick fix for this. I've made a little scanner that will adjust your m3u file and name them correctly and save the correct file name WebTv.m3u. This is very easy to use and very quick and effortless. This is free of charge and with the permission of the admins I will include the link or upload to the files section. I just think it's nice to give something back to the community that help so many people.

A Windows PC is needed, and a m3u file that gives you a no name on the channel. Nothing worse than not knowing what channel your on.

There are no advertising in the program, no payment, no donate buttons, no adware, no spyware. Just a clean helpful program.

Regards Wayne
Hi
Can you plz send me the link at my email: ra721808@yahoo.com
I ll be very grateful
Rizi

Regards Wayne
Hi Waynee I've got the same problem is there any chance you could send me the link please regards Mcphee gormleykenny@yahoo.co.uk

Back