IPTV record issues

Hi Guys

I've just bought a H2S and have Iptv setup which runs great. I have issues where certain HD channels freeze so was advised to change the serviceapp player to exteplayer3 (which plays all HD channels fantastically) but after doing this, I can no longer record anything as the little counter spins and the box eventually crashes.

If I revert to original settings, I can record no probs but find certain HD channels once again stutter.

I'd appreciate any help or ides.

Regards

T

Hi Guys

I've just bought a H2S and have Iptv setup which runs great. I have issues where certain HD channels freeze so was advised to change the serviceapp player to exteplayer3 (which plays all HD channels fantastically) but after doing this, I can no longer record anything as the little counter spins and the box eventually crashes.

If I revert to original settings, I can record no probs but find certain HD channels once again stutter.

I'd appreciate any help or ides.

Regards

T
If your with f..w...s change their bouquet maker to all IPTV type to enable, do a full reboot

Sent from my VFD 710 using Tapatalk

Hi Mate. I'm not, I'm with g.n.e tv. It records fine on inbuilt player but not when I change to exteplayer3 to stop stuttering.

The stream needs to be dvb to record afaik. You can't have exte3player type stream and record.

You may also notice epg issues.

The stream needs to be dvb to record afaik. You can't have exte3player type stream and record.

You may also notice epg issues.
Mine works fine with exte3 once all IPTV type is set to enable, in my suppliers bouquet thingy

Mine works fine with exte3 once all IPTV type is set to enable, in my suppliers bouquet thingy

Maybe download and install the "iptvplayer" apk see if that installs anything

Hi. I don't think its dual sub as when I change it back to internal, it records fine but stutters on 1080p. Will have a look at the bouquet settings later on.

Many thanks for all the advice. :)

It's serviceapp causing issues with recording.

I've tested a few methods.

Without serviceapp or exteplayer3

Stream type's 1: records

Stream type's 4097: records.

Stream type's 5001 or 5002 receives could not record due to invalid service ref.

Now when installing serviceapp and changing to exteplayer3:

Service type's 1: or 4097: I get constant spinner

Service type's 5001: or 5002: I get the same can not record due to invalid service ref.

This has been tested by a few people using both Openvix and OpenATV.

It's serviceapp causing issues with recording.

I've tested a few methods.

Without serviceapp or exteplayer3

Stream type's 1: records

Stream type's 4097: records.

Stream type's 5001 or 5002 receives could not record due to invalid service ref.

Now when installing serviceapp and changing to exteplayer3:

Service type's 1: or 4097: I get constant spinner

Service type's 5001: or 5002: I get the same can not record due to invalid service ref.

This has been tested by a few people using both Openvix and OpenATV.

My tests are give the exact same results using Woosh v7. Service app must be disabled and you have to use default player to record. 4097 is fine but must be on default enigma2 player otherwise you will get an endless spinner when trying to record.

Streams can be set to 1 but with a number of providers I believe that will cause picture break up

exteplayer3 has no recording options
thats why it wont record

in my plugins i use exteplayer3 to play a stream
and to record i use hlsdl binary

i call hlsdl and record with this code

def getstream(self):
import os
os.chdir('/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/HLSRecorder/')
if fileExists('/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/HLSRecorder/hlsdl'):
os.system("/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/HLSRecorder/hlsdl '%s' -f -o /hdd/movie/'%s.flv' &" % (self.url, self.name))
self.session.open(MessageBox, _('Recording ' + self.name), MessageBox.TYPE_INFO, timeout=4)

Hi all,

Can someone help me with this issue also? I've had to change the streams to 5002 to stop the pixelation on channels. Also installed seeviceapp and changed the default player to ext3player. Now it fails to record. I've tried changing every setting I can but cant get it to work. If I put streams back to 1 and put serviceapp back to default its records fine but the channels get pixelated.
Its doing my head in now.

Hi guys, i can pause play fine but when i try to record i get " could not record due to invalid service "
Is this because I have enabled EXT3( 5002 ) player ?

It's more important that keep EXT3 on because it helps a lot with the streams, so if the only way to record is by turning it off then i will give it a miss.

Last edited:
Yea serviceapp with 5002 has issues only way round is to disable serviceapp and change service type's to 1:

Fair enough.. thanks.
When pausing IPTV if i leave it paused for more than a few minutes when i resume after 10 secs the picture turns black and have to change channel and back again.
If i pause it for a minute or two then it works fine. Any more than 4 minutes and it goes black

Hi guys, i can pause play fine but when i try to record i get " could not record due to invalid service "

It's more important that keep EXT3 on because it helps a lot with the streams, so if the only way to record is by turning it off then i will give it a miss.

It could be due to your supplier, ask does his service allow it, if he says it does, ask him how.

I would have swore you said all your problems were solved. .

Rather than messing about with recording, just get a decent supplier that has catch-up. Problem solved.

Back