IPTV through openbox

I've added IPTV successfully to the V8S, been working for around 2 hours then went off. Now when I try to connect to the channels it just says connect with 0kb/s doesn't say connecting or downloading anymore. I have a connection running through the box as the channels through the satellite are still working MUTV etc, Anyone had this issue?

I managed to successully instal the WebTv file but as someone said there is just a numerical list of programmes, getting to Sport (around 266) is a pain. Is there any way of simplify the list like Favourites?

Just added the webtv.m3u file to my V8S successfully. All the channels are listed but none will open. Any advice?

Edit:- Tested the M3U files with VLC player on my laptop and they all work.

Last edited:
Just added the webtv.m3u file to my V8S successfully. All the channels are listed but none will open. Any advice?

Edit:- Tested the M3U files with VLC player on my laptop and they all work.

I'm in a similar situation, all channels say 'no name'

Tested line on VLC too and Perfect player and its definitely working, any help appreciated please?

Gus anyone have a Dummy's guide for setting up IPTV on an openbox V9s. i have tried to follow the guide posted but still no luck!

Hi

I am having the same issue as well, I dug out my old openbox v8s as sky are slowly blocking the channels so can't get most now on the freesat v7 max box so thought about trying the IPTV way through a openbox v8s box and I got a test webtv.m3u for 12 hours and so loaded the webtv.m3u file onto the box using usb and can see the list of channels in the list when go into multimedia->webtv but when I click on a channel/name I just get a blank picture and it says 0kb/s

Is there any solution or anything on how to get it to work on the openbox v8s

Get a list of what I assume are channels, all say 'no name' and none will open or load, I know the m3u is good because it's working on VLC and Perfect Player

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Thinking that the problem I have may be because of a clone box, I tried with a genuine box and have the same issue. Web TV list loaded successfully, but cannot connect to any channel!

Get a list of what I assume are channels, all say 'no name' and none will open or load, I know the m3u is good because it's working on VLC and Perfect Player

i left mine on a channel for about 10 minutes and eventually it started working. Not sure id you already tried it

I'm getting problems where none of the channel names appear and some channels don't work.

Also, time to time the openbox V8S keeps freezing and I have to kill the power to restart the box. I wonder if this is an issue specific to the Openbox running IPTV.

Anyone know whether it's better to just go for the MAG box for IPTV?

i left mine on a channel for about 10 minutes and eventually it started working. Not sure id you already tried it
Thanks for that, might try it.... Once it started working did it then work as normal? Couldn't be dealing with waiting 10 mins per channel lol, bought a Zgemma i55 yesterday, working perfectly on that

Thanks for that, might try it.... Once it started working did it then work as normal? Couldn't be dealing with waiting 10 mins per channel lol, bought a Zgemma i55 yesterday, working perfectly on that

Yea they did start working properly but some channels just freeze the box up completely. I'm considering getting a MAG254 cos my patience is running thin with the openbox now. :grin:

Back