IPTV with VPN on zgemma

hoofy

I have VPN on my router that my zgemma connects to, I was wondering if there is a best country to select to get the best out of it in terms of no geoblocking?

closest vpn server generally has fastest speeds. I normally use uk-london or uk-southampton. but I don't find it much use tbh and nothing really gets blocked on iptv anyway

cheers will do... I get premium IPTV through playersklub as I fear we may lose more channels on the enigma2 boxes. that's only $5/month.... the vpn looks reasonably priced and if I'm thinking right, then it will stop my broadband supplier / others monitoring if I watch any copyright material... is that correct? had been looking at tunnel bear free, but limited. is this one unlimited?

also, if I get PIN, can I put it on the router so that any devices that use my internet are protected by the VPN or is it device specific?

Apologies for hijacking your thread but I'm also looking at a VPN but want it at my router if you catch my drift or does it need to be installed on every device that connects

If your router is up to the job it will be fine. I have the same VPN provider as kenny above and have put it in my router no problems. Once installed and activated on the router it covers all devices.

I'm using an Asus RT-N66U router

Can I install the PIA vpn on my BT home hub 6 router?

I have it working on MacBook pro, pc and fire stick at moment
Very doubtful. I had to buy a netgear router to go alongside my BT smarthub.

After a few weeks of having the VPN router up and running I've given up on it and gone back to using just my BT smarthub. It was causing me too many problems.

thanks hoofy... I did experience some issues when I installed initially just on my devices, to do with the BT hub recognising DNS problems and not liking the vpn.

Keep bt hub, plug extra router in to it running a vpn on that as an access point, plug in or connect wirelessly all things you want securing and everything else just connects to the normal hub.

Sent from my thor using Tapatalk

Keep bt hub, plug extra router in to it running a vpn on that as an access point, plug in or connect wirelessly all things you want securing and everything else just connects to the normal hub.

And if you set your VPN router to another country you'll need your main PC connecting to your BT hub because if you don't and you try using paypal etc the payment won't go through and your paypal account gets blocked as it looks like suspicious activity coming from another country.

You could just run all equipment that is important and doesnt have easy access to a widget or app, off vpn router and all stuff like pc can run the desktop app for the vpn then it can be turned on and off with just an on screen toggle

Back