iptv

bold

TK Veteran
hi, trying to load iptv on open boxv8 for a friend of mine, but it wont. done what we normally do to load with usb with the file send and change it to WebTv. when down loaded in down load section it says text file instead of m3ufile. is this why not loading or is there a way around this. thanks.

any body has any idea.

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont know the answer to your specific problem,
but, I'd doubt that a V8 is powerful enough to run IPTV satisfactorily

thanks Steptoe, the problem is loading as I already have iptv running on mine but like I said its not loading keeps saying failed,

OK,
sorry I cant help you bud,
I dont actually use IPTV,
try posting in the IPTV section, may get more attention

Some of the v8 range need the m3u to be named WebTV.m3u others need it to be called just WebTV . Even two seemingly identical boxes can require different naming of the m3u to load, not sure if this is issue you are having but may be worth a try

Test your m3u file on VLC Player first. If it works on VLC, perhaps your putting it onto your usb wrong!

tried that mate but not playing.

thanks for all the help. got in touch with the supplier and send another file. going to try tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:
ok now loaded the file but all the channel are coming up as no channels, got in touch with the supplier and send me the epg UK_guide.xml. got it formatted on usb but its no channels names.

Search this Openbox subforum and you’ll find a link to a Dropbox program that’ll change it for you.

sorry to ask this but do you extract the file then format on usb or do you load it as it is.

went in to menu select. tools. upgrade by usb. then its asking upgrade mode select.. image files then it says upgrade file mismatch. selected misc files, it doesn't show any. channels still no name.

went in to menu select. tools. upgrade by usb. then its asking upgrade mode select.. image files then it says upgrade file mismatch. selected misc files, it doesn't show any. channels still no name.
Load your existing .m3u file into the converter and run it. This will produce a new file with the same name which should allow the channel names to be read by the IPTV program.

thanks for all the help. manage to sort the problem, what a wonderful site and wonderful people always there when the help is needed.

Back