Ireland will never play for Republic again

noelyf

VIP Member
0003b9f310dr.jpg

Stephen Ireland

Sunday, 26 September 2010

Stephen Ireland has ruled out ever playing for the Republic of Ireland again despite a request from Ireland striker Andy Keogh to consider ending his international exile.

Giovanni Trapattoni's men are about to embark on a Euro 2012 qualifying campaign with matches against Slovakia and Russia coming up and Ireland revealed that Keogh had asked him to consider rejoining the squad.

He told the Sunday Times: 'I won't play for Ireland ever again. I actually spoke to Andy Keogh about this yesterday. He's just had a child, we've been texting and he was saying 'please come back for this campaign,' but it's not going to happen.

'I'm just so happy not playing international football. I haven't missed it. Not one bit. The international matches come and I get to spend more time with my children.'

The midfielder, who recently transferred to Aston Villa from Manchester City, has not played for Ireland since 2007 after lying about the reason he returned home from an away match against the Czech Republic.

The Cork native told officials he wanted to return home because his grandmother had died but actually wanted to leave the squad because his girlfriend had had a miscarriage.

Good Riddance ar*ehole!

Back