Is ISP blocking my Magbox

Hi there

have been with EE broadband and magbox has been working fine however have changed over to post office broadband

since changing over I am not able to get into my portal

box loads and gets to the blue screen with yellow bar but after 30 secs or so screen goes blank

have tried on two working mag boxes so I know its not hardware related.

the only thing is think that can be happening is my ISP is blocking

has anyone come across this and anything I can do to rectify this with getting vpn etc

cheers

dreambox2009

Is there like a family type filter on the box to block things
Or something like that

Worth looking at the hub settings

Could the ip address play a part in it changing from bb provider to another and mac address change you could always try restarting box and router to see if that makes a difference not too familiar with mag boxes but just a suggestion

there was a safeguard filter online for over 18 websites, gaming streaming etc, which were enabled, but have since disabled these

but still having problems connecting to portal

any other ideas

there was a safeguard filter online for over 18 websites, gaming streaming etc, which were enabled, but have since disabled these

but still having problems connecting to portal

any other ideas
Have you got intouch with your iptv supplier see if there's a fault at his end have you checked to make sure all wires connected properly to router and box

yeah everything is all working fine, is my dads broadband who has changed, checked mine and all working fine so went round house with my box and plugged in and set up but mine wouldn't work either

even though it was working at my house 10 mins before

so all very strange

to my knowledge ISP don't block these sort of portal I thought

he has had post office broadband for 3 days and hasn't worked since even though my iptv subscription have been working flawlessly

My m8 had same problem, it was down to post office broadband being not strong enough as it works fine on virgin and sky broadband, hope that helps.

yeah iptv provider knows the situation so no issue there

will check but I believe is getting around 8 meg

Depending on your server it may not be fast enough has most servers minimum is at least 10 meg. Also may not be getting this at peak times.

8 Meg should handle iptv sd channels but may struggle with HD channels my neighbour only gets 6.5 Meg and runs iptv but can struggle with uhd and hd plus depends how many people are on network at same time

I would not recommend anybody getting iptv unless they have at least 15 meg constant download speeds. Otherwise all your bandwidth is going to be taken up watching TV.

Back