Just A few quick Zgemma setup questions

Its been a year or so (i think) since my openbox packed up and i am sick of having no tv in the living room ... So ... i was debating between a MAG box or Zgemma ..

After about 3 hours of research i have decided to opt for the Zgemma h5.2tc or the

Reasons -

watch and record
options for skins and fluid epg's (more family friendly)

I have read up on setup and Here is my plan of action once box arrives

-connect hardware - (already have splitter and cables because im on virmin already (most basic bb and tv package)

*connect router to box with ethernet
*connect f socket adapter

-flash box with lastest wooshbuild

-test (run) and buy a line -

question 1 - I already have a virmin tv package , will i run into any trouble when setting up my box ?

question 2 - since my cables are already split... it as simple as as disconnecting the coax out of the back of the virmin box , putting a f scoket adapter on it and plugging it into back of zgemma ?

question 3 - am i right in assuming i would have to connect an external hdd to record ?

... i have a few queries regarding setting up the lines but i will cross that bridge when i come to it ...

Thanks in advance , any help is appreciated

Its been a year or so (i think) since my openbox packed up and i am sick of having no tv in the living room ... So ... i was debating between a MAG box or Zgemma ..

After about 3 hours of research i have decided to opt for the Zgemma h5.2tc or the

Reasons -

watch and record
options for skins and fluid epg's (more family friendly)

I have read up on setup and Here is my plan of action once box arrives

-connect hardware - (already have splitter and cables because im on virmin already (most basic bb and tv package)

*connect router to box with ethernet
*connect f socket adapter

-flash box with lastest wooshbuild

-test (run) and buy a line -

question 1 - I already have a virmin tv package , will i run into any trouble when setting up my box ?....No M8

question 2 - since my cables are already split... it as simple as as disconnecting the coax out of the back of the virmin box , putting a f scoket adapter on it and plugging it into back of zgemma ?.....Yes

question 3 - am i right in assuming i would have to connect an external hdd to record ?...Yes

... i have a few queries regarding setting up the lines but i will cross that bridge when i come to it ...

Thanks in advance , any help is appreciated

1. No it shouldn't be an issue
2. yes, basically, there will be some setup required on the box such as setting your NetID etc
3. Yes, either a USB stick or an external hdd. whichever you choose it will need to be initialised on the box

Thanks for answers lads

Had it set up in a few hours , now just need a line so im off to the line request discussion

zgemma 5.2tc is a little slow from boot but once it gets going it seems to be ok , still learning about these boxes so maybe in future i will invest in a better box with improved hardware

Wooshbuild infinity is amazing and so easy to use , thanks a wooshman your a legend

Got a new (today!!) H5..2 with two LNB inputs + eyePteevee. It came with a 16GB USB drive pre-configured. My old H2s had a 500GB USB drive on it. Not sure 16GB is big enough for our recordings. Is there a procedure somewhere of how to change out the 16 for the 500???

turn off the box, unplug the 16gb usb and plug the 500gb in and then turn the box back on and should all be good to go

turn off the box, unplug the 16gb usb and plug the 500gb in and then turn the box back on and should all be good to go
Thx for the swift reply. Unfortunately in advance of new box coming I reformatted the HDD, so no files set up or anything.

ah ok,if the 500gb has been formatted and/or has nothing on it turn the box unplug the 16gb and plug the 500gb in and then menu -> system -> storage Devices -> initialise -> your usb device -> red button

no, once initialised you could restart the box (hold power button until a menu appears and select 'restart') and this will create the movies and timeshift folders and it should mount on /media/hdd so your existing settings will be fine. You will have no epg information until epg import or whatever your using runs next time

no, once initialised you could restart the box (hold power button until a menu appears and select 'restart') and this will create the movies and timeshift folders and it should mount on /media/hdd so your existing settings will be fine. You will have no epg information until epg import or whatever your using runs next time
Brilliant, I hope it works. Thx so much will try tomorrow!!!

RGds

Phil

Can't find where the instructions are. There is no option under -> system -> called -> storage devices. Looked around can't see it anywhere. Any ideas?? Thx Phil

Back