Killed the Engine :(

when I changed the engine in my old clio when it decided it didn't like one of the piston rings anymore I ran it at high rev's, worked the gears and also ran it on high octane fuel for the first 1000 miles so the rings would open and the boars would expand, I did a few local runs on the A1 up and down to just bed it in and make sure I didn't miss anything then took it down the M1, round the M25 and back up the A1 and across to the M180 as its really empty after 11pm so I could really put my foot down (121mph), got away with my first speeding ticket too that night for doing 91mph on the way home once I explained why I was speeding lol

I was planning to do same pretty much lol!! even easier for me now too with 'the great yorkshire way' road now open. Literally a 2-3min drive from home to the M18 :grin: Also the road i killed the engine on lmao
when I changed the engine in my old clio when it decided it didn't like one of the piston rings anymore I ran it at high rev's, worked the gears and also ran it on high octane fuel for the first 1000 miles so the rings would open and the boars would expand, I did a few local runs on the A1 up and down to just bed it in and make sure I didn't miss anything then took it down the M1, round the M25 and back up the A1 and across to the M180 as its really empty after 11pm so I could really put my foot down (121mph), got away with my first speeding ticket too that night for doing 91mph on the way home once I explained why I was speeding lol

That's if you make it out of donny with your wheel's in tact, lol

I must admit I love the M180, boooooring road but at night you can really put your foot down, the misses wont let me take it over a ton anymore coming back from C'thropes

My wheels at this moment are in donny and more than likely anything but intact with the rest of the engine bay lol

Your missus must be special letting you get upto 100 before complainig. Anywhere near 90 and i get earache !!

---------- Post Merged at 01:16 AM ----------

Having no car is seriously turd especially when i have to lend my dads tank of an x-type to goto work :( it's like driving a barge with wheels

round the M25
You never called in and had a cuppa with me did you?

See I keep telling you northern bunch it is only three roads to get to me... M1, M25 and A2, it will only take about 25 minutes, but when I needed help with my multi LNB's you all laughed.

A nice barge with wheels though Bucks!

Out of interest does anyone know if the overall value of the car is likely to increase with the new engine? i was thinking maybe it would rise a touch as the engine and all ancillaries have gone from 113k to 0. i know other components will still be older but surely the new engine etc will bump the price up a touch?

Sorry to butt in after the event, wish I'd seen your post earlier, but I wouldn't recommend running a new engine in on fully synthetic oil, it won't bed-in properly
Better using a good quality non synthetic oil, or better still oil made for running in a new engine.

I just bought the oil they recommended when I ordered the engineimage.jpg

again its rotated and I've no idea why :(

got out the car back today yeehaa

Back