kind neighbour

frundlemud

Today He gave me a DM 500 not the hd version. He could not ever get the hang of it and is busy with work. He has had it a year or 2.
We both have Spider 7000hd (c/s) cccam . Finally the reason I'm here.. 2 hours later don't know how to do much with it apart from switch it on. what is a image how to do this or that don't know but I will be learning form now on. How to load and configure. If anyone wants to suggest a way forward tell me...It may take years.

hi, on the box it says DM 500 s. This is almost certainly a Chinese copy. I have been reading a bit but the water is very muddy. My neighbour sent me the DCC program as a ZIP so unwrapped this and had a quick look inside. My first job tomorrow sometime (retired) will be to get the box/ laptop and router talking. I have a null modem cable from the old Technomate days. Eagle Image may be to do with Alsat some time ago. Not sure.
edit but says Enigma loading but stuck on 'moving to 28 deg'

Last edited:
Hmm. Got laptop, dbox and router talking green line to all units. password was already on root dreambox. It went a bit downhill after that message telnet connected ftp connected. Bootmanager not found telnet disconnected, telnet login incorrect. This may be mega hard to sort for me of almost no knowledge. I am reading my way along but this bit seems tricky. Do I start from square one with new image and so on. or take up butterfly pressing.

The DM500s is the easiest Dreambox to play with.
PM me for up to date site--image and loading without DCC.
Reaper.

Back