1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kodi firestick help

Discussion in 'Kodi - Android box - Firesticks - MXQ' started by liam775755, Oct 13, 2018.

1. liam775755

liam775755 Registered

Hi all i was looking for help with my firestick i have got kodi on to it via downloader but cannot find the right build that has updated addons and does not use aload of the sticks resources if anybody can help

rpidemon likes this.
  2. rpidemon

rpidemon Forum Supporter

28.2e
    Try this http://www.drxbld.com/wiz/
    Decent build that gets regular updates it's designed for devices that are low ram,storage etc and looks pretty sexy as well ;)

bazcfc1 likes this.
  3. dt99

dt99 TK Veteran

Male
    I had a look at that build the other day, well I tried to and it never installs. It installs the repo, but then goes no further, always says something like cannot connect to repo.

rpidemon likes this.
  4. rpidemon

rpidemon Forum Supporter

28.2e
    Strange ain't done a fresh install of it for a while. Maybe there is a updated url?
    I know the build is still active as it had a update the other day.

5. dt99

dt99 TK Veteran

Male
    Typical, just tried it again now and it's installing. I've been trying all week to do it, they must have fixed whatever the issue was.

rpidemon likes this.
  6. rpidemon

rpidemon Forum Supporter

28.2e
    Got to love the mysterious inner workings of the world wide web :xd: :dying: :dead:

dt99 likes this.
  7. dt99

dt99 TK Veteran

Male
    I have to admit, Durex Build is very impressive, I have also just tried Titanium build which looks almost identical, so 1 has ripped off the other. Both work very well.

rpidemon likes this.
  8. rpidemon

rpidemon Forum Supporter

28.2e
    I was never a fan of builds for a lot of years on XBMC/kodi just used to install what I needed and remove it when it stopped working. But was starting to get a bit tiresome when a lot of the decent movie addons bit the dust. This build takes the effort out of it. When there's a update for the build you get a pop up on screen. 5 minutes later it's done.

9. dt99

dt99 TK Veteran

Male
    That's exactly why I stopped using Kodi and went with a Plex sub, I was fed up of always trying to find working add-ons. It may be time to seriously consider using Kodi again.

rpidemon likes this.
  10. stuss

stuss TK Veteran Forum Supporter

Male
    {engineering
    uk
    123 movies just got pulled. The devs
    We're from Vietnam. Good add-on.
    Sadly no more..

dsayers2014 likes this.
  11. bazcfc1

bazcfc1 TK Veteran

Is there any good working builds left for kodi neighbour just bought one said I would do it for him but can't be assed with trying build after build

rpidemon likes this.
  12. stuss

Male
    {engineering
    uk
    Check out YouTube durex build
    It runs very well.. New October version out Now.. bit faffy with stuff you wouldn't use but runs fine..

13. bazcfc1

bazcfc1 TK Veteran

W
    I'll give it a go cheers mate I aint bothered with them for ages lol

stuss likes this.
  14. stuss

Male
    {engineering
    uk
    Me neither. But luke has it installed. After paradox I couldn't be bothered
    I have just fired his 2nd generation stick up. All good.has uk Turk. Which is superb for new movies..

@bazcfc1
    If using UK Turk it needs a pin
    Scroll down the ads until you find generate. Click on it.. then by magic pin appears..
    Can I paste a link for UK pin gen ?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2018
    Zakutd and bazcfc1 like this.
  15. rpidemon

rpidemon Forum Supporter

28.2e
    Url is up there for it :emoji_arrow_up: they seem to drop a update every couple of months. Gets rid of the crap that doesn't work and adds the fresh stuff. The addons download when you first use them also not with the build so it doesn't fill your memory with loads of overkill that you will never use.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2018
    stuss likes this.
  16. bazcfc1

bazcfc1 TK Veteran

Put it on lastnight is a decent build had a flick through things was looking at that paid tv bit see what thats like

rpidemon likes this.
  17. rpidemon

rpidemon Forum Supporter

28.2e
    Haven't really bothered with it in that respect as my interests are elsewhere.
    When they drop a update remember to keep your settings, don't do a fresh install as it wipes any RD and Trakt data.

bazcfc1 and dt99 like this.
  18. bazcfc1

bazcfc1 TK Veteran

Havnt got a rd account that's on my to do list to look into lol

rpidemon likes this.
  19. formandvoid

formandvoid TK Veteran Forum Supporter

Male
    {self employed
    I used to use Kodi all the time but these days whatever build you have the apps will get shut down, it's only a matter of time. I always did my own builds using the latest apps but just can't be bothered anymore,seemed like I had to re do it every couple of weeks. I now just use the e2iplayer on my vu+ box and it has all the movies/tv shows the same as kodi and never have to mess around with it.

bazcfc1 and rpidemon like this.
  20. rpidemon

rpidemon Forum Supporter

28.2e
    Makes all the difference and @formandvoid that is why I like this build they don't seem to leave you hanging for updates out with the old in with the working in this case. I used to just put a select few on but as you say they could easily become out of date and then you end up with a load of repos that are use to man nor beast.