Kodi VPN

Hi
I use private internet access (all one word). I have a paid version of this..and used adb program to send the apk version of PIA straight to the firestick.
laserguy100

hi, what's the best and easiest VPN to setup on a amazon firestick with kodi on it?

Cheers.
It depends a router is best but on the 1st gen fire sticks you can't have vpn but on 2nd gen which is the voice controlled one you can i use pia on Android box and can have it on 5 devices at same time but a vpn route best way but a little expensive

Hi
I,m currently using PIA on a firestick.
As in my post above..i used adblink to send the PIA APK straight to the firestick..google adblink and download it. Make sure you have the ip address of the firestick in settings/device/about/network.
Put this in adblink. To do this click new/then put a description for the task/then finally the ip address then connect. Thats after you download the APK for PIA.
laserguy100

Hi
I,m currently using PIA on a firestick.
As in my post above..i used adblink to send the PIA APK straight to the firestick..google adblink and download it. Make sure you have the ip address of the firestick in settings/device/about/network.
Put this in adblink. To do this click new/then put a description for the task/then finally the ip address then connect. Thats after you download the APK for PIA.
laserguy100
Which firestick you using as I have the one without voice control on remote and won't work on that sent like you said in your post and apps 2 fire

Hi
Sorry for the delay
Here is the url for adblink
http://www.jocala.com
If you google PIA APK , look for the file and download the file, and make note of where its downloaded to..in Windows it will be in downloads. Click on the new tab in adblink/ name the task..Kodi PIA (example) and out your ip address of your kodi. Then click connect...wait a few seconds click install apk then you should see your connection pop up in the windows. Voila it should be on your kodi firestick.
Hope this helps.
laserguy100

Hi
Sorry for the delay
Here is the url for adblink
http://www.jocala.com
If you google PIA APK , look for the file and download the file, and make note of where its downloaded to..in Windows it will be in downloads. Click on the new tab in adblink/ name the task..Kodi PIA (example) and out your ip address of your kodi. Then click connect...wait a few seconds click install apk then you should see your connection pop up in the windows. Voila it should be on your kodi firestick.
Hope this helps.
laserguy100
Sorry if I'm misreading but that appears as though you've just installed the PIA apk, you can still install VPN apps via ES File Explorer the problem is a Amazon firmware update has made it impossible to change the external IP. Unless there is difference in installing via this method over the android installer, I suggest you check the external IP(speedtest.net or a browser app) because the Openvpn app says its connected too but it's not changed it at all.

Yes your absolutely correct. The firestick does.nt allow the internal ip address with pia. I don.t know about other vpn.s. but i would imagine all vpn.s act the same on a firestick

A router is the only way with the 1st gen sticks... until someone finds a way to root the latest firmware at least. Depending on what kind of speed you need you can get Xiaomi Mi WiFi 3 router for £20-25 and install Padavan via Prometheus script... got around 13mb/s(openvpn connection) in a speed test.

If you want more speed it will cost a lot more, there's ones for £50-60 that might be able to give you 30mb/s if you know where to look(openwrt have a recommended list on their site), it's a shame that's the best it gets without spending 100s it really doesn't seem like router CPUs are utilized properly via current methods(never seen my dual core pushed past 18% in a speed test).

Last edited:
Back