Kryptview a780- no or bad signal

Sakim.. If its off in the street I know a man who worked for Kelly comms.... So there is ALWAYS a way.. And he owes me from a PJ (private job). I can bring my box over to you and try it..(dell/null) had better tag along just in case.. ! Ted

catkid you read my replys wrong m8 you adding the internal workings of the konig and what it does is 1 item in the reply i said and i also did point out that the signal boosters come after confirmation of there being no issues on the line the 2nd item is new m8 it is called "This attenuator" its a Variable Attenuator - This attenuator can be adjusted from 0 - 20db thats forward and back not a simple fixed reduction it looks like a normal spliter to be honest and it alone took my signal quality from 66 to around 82 and the signal from 56 to 70 flat but on a personal note m8 i wouldnt reply to any post if what i was saying wasnt solid advice if it was just say so on what i might have seen then id say that i have this running in my house i had to remove the konig as it wouldnt adjust it let me get my settings to 70 - 70 and even though it was being boosted them settings we all know dont cover the range of all channels so i was loosing disscovery channels alot. what you also seem to be pointing out is the konig settings and what it can do if your quoting items then you forgot to say it comes perconfigured to the settings all turned clockwise to use the konig you turn the dials Anti-clockwise to gain. and im unsure what the remark is about the reading of posts more than 1.5yrs old that box is not what this post/request for advice is refuring to so unsure wheree your heading with that to sum up i have both items both run on a line that gives me only 56 signal both work but i removed the konig which cost me £34.99 as the boost it give only took my signal to 70/70 the 2nd item i bought for 6.49 was "The attenuator" which can be adjusted from 0 - 20db and my signal is now 70 and my quality is now 82 <------ that being fact not hearsay

spice2013...the fact remains that a signal amplifier (or booster) will increase the signal, & an attenuator will decrease the signal getting to your box.

If your variable attenuator is improving your signal & quality readings, then it looks like your signal feed is too strong & it is overloading your box, therefore requiring attenuating (reducing).

the link to the 850 has a picture of a variable attenuator which had to be used in those early days of issues for lowering the signal and the konig which boosts,if there is another please stick up an image.

the subject is being dropped and please dont talk to me as though im stupid my signal level isnt too high im 56/56 them levels mean im off as far as virmen go as for the konig ive always only got the levels to reach 70/70 these being too low for most channels i watch. i removed the konig and replaced it with a attenuator which includes a dial for forward 0-20db my setting is running at 6db on the dial and result settings are now 70/82 on most channels reaching 79/88 on the rest the reason i pointed this out is the price the konig i bought for £34.99 where this new attenuator with forward gain for £6.49 i know what i have bought but what i dont need is being spoken to in the manner in which i did "as though im talking stupid" and the points were for the guy who is or was having bother with a signal level im only to aware of myself. hahaha and as we speak my entire channels have gone off.

---------- Post Merged at 09:32 PM ----------

catkid i know what you mean now that picture and the name of it which are the same name as mine the image isnt the part of the name thats different is forward gain part so i will stand and say sorry what you were talking about i cant say is wrong the item i have is like that but works as the konig does without a mains plugin i can only assume it does the 2 jobs in 1 item and a stupid thing to call it when it is so like the attenuator your refering to with an added part to give forward gain also they might have named it a bit better.

I never intended my comments to come across as if I was talking to you as if you were stupid. I appoligise if that's how you saw them.

All I am saying is that an attenuator does reduce the signal, whether it's a fixed one or variable. There is no 2 ways about it. Look it up if you don't believe me.

As I said previously, in some circumstances the levels indicated on the box can be false if the feed levels are too high. They swamp the front end of the receiver & actually reduce the indicators on the box. I can actually do this with my Q5 box. I have a variable gain cable amplifier. If I gradually turn the amplification up, the Level & quality meters actually reduce untill they show zero because I have overloaded the receiver.

You can get the same effect when using high gain signal boosters on TV's.

I'm not saying with 100% certainty that this is so in your case, but the fact that you are using a variable attenuator to increase the meter readings on your box, indicates that this could be the case.

I know you said that you don't want to discuss it any more, but could you attach a photo or post a link to your attenuator.

Also does it require a power supply?

EDIT...whoops. I didn't see your edit until I had replied.

Last edited:
Well folks... The case of the.. no-bad-signal.. Has been solved..That is the good news..Now the bad news.. Sakims vermin feed had been borrowed by next door who now has vermin package..(swapped him at the green box) Was also an ex sv user so what do you expect..!! SOB..!! But then some more good news.. Got hold of my bro who worked for Kelly comms but is now BT... So a BT van working on the box looks the norm.. I am so good to you lot.. Just sorting a date to meet up.. PS.. Ps3 had red light of death.. Just got back from sticksville with a backward compatible 60gig from flea bay.. Not used by any children..!! Immaculate.. The box.. Never been opened up for repair.. His controllers are spotless.. 90 cod.. Now that is what Christmas is about..plus the fact my two girls got me call of duty for ONE of my presents.. I NEEDED to buy one.. Ted

Back