Kryptview A780 or A850 HD

abid007

Hi All

How are you guys...

This is my first thread on Tech Kings.

I am thinking to purchase one of the above receivers .

However I am with Virgin My broadband connection point is in the loft .

How stable are these receivers ?

Picture quality ?

How many channels can I receive .

Thanks

We are fine..How much cash you got.. A780 150 brand new or A850 HD for approx 250 (snobs..!!)...they are as reliable as anything illegal.. all the premium channels received.. sly sports,movies,espn,bt sport 1 (no 2 at present and the odd +1 is missing.. so watch it first time round is the answer to that one..) cartoon network with regular show..cartoonito and fireman sam are all working.. and you need permanent ethernet connection via router or homeplugs.. and NO subs... bet you like the last bit..NO subs..! Ted.. ps scrambled or no video is part and parcel so it will freeze from time to time..weather makes it worse sometimes..! Best 150 i have spent in a long time and had this box 4 years.. Full TV package..approx 90 quid a month multiply 4 years..equals not paying for bransons space shuttle thingy..!! Ted

Thanks this does answer my question - wish I had known 4 years ago also. Just to confirm the A780 needs to be connected to ethernet cable? no sure what you mean by No subs.

it needs 2 connections coaxial cable to scan for channels and a lan to decrypt.once the box is bought no extra fees needed to view.

A780 lan

Hi I have got the box and it works - to a point.

How close does the lan cable need to be to the box - I get a blocky picture on some of the sub channels - some still dont come through.

Or is this a different problem?

it needs 2 connections coaxial cable to scan for channels and a lan to decrypt.once the box is bought no extra fees needed to view.

both cables need inserting as your main feed into house is split via a splitter one goes to router,other side is inserted into coaxial input on kv.from router to lan port you need a lan cable plugged in if you removed the sticker,bad scart lead or poor connection can give blocky picture.

for box to work it needs it inserted into rear,if none inserted you only get 1-5 channels

HTML:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsEvfBnceiM

if the box is new it will need to be flashed first,has it? if so possibly scanning on wrong provider or wrong net id.

I have had the a780 for 2 years now and i can say they very good, you do get the odd glitch or certain channels off for a while, but for the money you pay you do get your worth out of them. I am looking into invest in the hd version which i have been told are much more reliable.

hi im in the same boat looking to make the jump from sly to cable mainly because allot hd cannels are gone can you run a TiVo box and a kryp hd along side of each other would I need a cable splitter or the likes

Yes you would need a cable splitter to run TiVo and kryptview boxes together. Only cost a few £ for a decent quality one.

if your thinking of making the jump guys my advice go for it i got my kv box from maff only yesturday its easy install netid is easy to locate the channels were bang up in no time i noticed a couple of +1 channels wernt on and around 6hrs into watching the box went off and showed the instalation screen reset and rescanned and brought the channels back including alot of the +1 channels that wernt there when i loaded up the box for the first time that day and last night i had the box glitch 3 or 4 times but ive not had cable except for my modem that is providing me with internet for free on 20mg line so i plan on playing with the scart and other bits to see if its them but for a box that is showing all channels without the need to cs and giving me near perfect pic quality it is the 1 id go for again

All day long spice..all day long... As Jim Royle would say..cs my a?#... 4 years and still going strong..up the kV..!! Keep looking for us Dicky branson

Back