Kv750 no longer been supported

dont think that one can can s/w online update as that was the previous address which no longer works=moved house lol

I tried reflashing again afterwards with 2 previous file versions with no problems. It's just the latest file that wont take.

I had also followed your helpful Tips & Tricks thread & updated the iConnector beforehand.

As cactikid says, the previous file versions no longer update. :(

btw...is there a way of reading the firmware version of the iconnector?

btw...is there a way of reading the firmware version of the iconnector?

I am unsure if you can or not, Im have only experience with A780s, maybe someone else who has one can advise.
Sounds like the firmware is faulty that has been uploaded.

jodav :)

reading another poster or you [ lol ] with the same problem,maybe until checked into further,you may need another user of 750 to box to box update.

getting confusing now,i see others have used it with no strange results,how and with what are you flashing box with?

Last edited:
I have just tried again.

This time I downloaded & used the other loader program mentioned in one of my previous posts (KRYPTVIEW_AmEt_Loader.exe), although it is the same version as the one I was using previously. I also downloaded the file again. This time I used firefox to download them, just in case the file was being corrupted by IE9 (clutching at straws, but I had previously had problems with corrupt files using IE).

I flashed the box with an old file so that I could set the box to Default (clutching at straws again!) before flashing with the latest file.

Flashed with the latest file. Went through all the normal proceedures, & finished with the front panel staying blank.

Went & had some lunch. Came back 15 minutes later. Still blank front panel & screen. Turned box off & on. Single green LED on front panel & no response from remote or front panel buttons.

Using a Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bit pc with a real RS232 connector.

Unfortunately, I don't know anyone else with one of these boxes.

It would be interesting if someone who has used this download could post here & confirm that the file is OK. I was beginning to think that maybe the upload was corrupt, as, like I say, all previous files have flashed with no problems.

it certainly indicates a corrupt file pending other files flash fine. Suppose its time to do some illimination whilst awaiting to see if anyone has succesfuly flashed with this firmware. can you not get at another comp to start with.

are you using a pc tower with null modem cable or usb adapter.?

Using a tower with onboard RS232, & null modem cable.

it certainly indicates a corrupt file pending other files flash fine. Suppose its time to do some illimination whilst awaiting to see if anyone has succesfuly flashed with this firmware. can you not get at another comp to start with.

I have 2 other towers here. One has XP & onboard RS232. The other is my fairly new Win7 i5 pc with no RS232.

I will try the XP machine, but I don't hold out much hope. Still, you never know!

Well you seem clued up mate. eliminate all you can bud. comp, leads, disconnect anything not using etc, and home in on the root cause whatever that may be.

i will keep an eye on thread with cacti and see how things go, if I think of anything else i will post.

Good Luck,

yes it is odd as the same file is in different places and no negative feedbacks yet,i use tower pc and xp and null modem cable when i flashed many years ago.
others have used usb adapters and they miss data in download hence my query.

Tried again with XP pc & different null modem cable...and on another A750 which my friend borrowed from one of his friends (it actually has a fault on it which goes straight to the S/W update menu when switched on & wont budge, although it can still be updated with old files).

Still the same results.

EDIT...I notice that the file has been removed due to problems with it!

Last edited:
Well that answers our suspicions bud, hopefuly someone will upload a new file. Shame you could not S/W update from the previous firmware.

Yep. I will check the downloads section sometime tomorrow. I've had just about enough of A750's for today LOL.

Although I now need to start a new thread to see if anyone has any ideas about this other A750 that I borrowed. :upset:

---------- Post Merged at 09:50 PM ----------

i passed the info on just to be on the safe side.

OK Cheers for that.

just as well people where not able to do a SW download to the box, that is the same file and as such must be a major problem with it, that is why i removed it the same result will ensue with the SW update.

you need a working iconnect for box to work as without it box is not going to work,maybe handy for parts for others if anything .

Back