Lagging issues when scrolling down to folders on OPENATV

HardyP

Hi

I’ve got an Xsarius Fusion HD running OPENATV 6.1, it has been working well until today. Whenever I scroll down to different folders it lags/freezes for about 5-7 seconds and then rapidly scrolls down. When I say folders I mean categories ie: entertainment, movies, drama etc

I’ve rebooted and the hdd is all new and fine but don’t know why the sudden lag.

Is their a cache folder or something that needs to be cleared?

Any help will be appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

few things, one is ,are you using iptv in a bouquet,if so remove vod bouquet
next check your tuners are working, if one is not getting a signal it can be seeking for a free tuner,if you find you have no signal turn that tuner off
next is location of picons, are they are on your hard drive?? if so is the hardrive going to sleep?

few things, one is ,are you using iptv in a bouquet,if so remove vod bouquet
next check your tuners are working, if one is not getting a signal it can be seeking for a free tuner,if you find you have no signal turn that tuner off
next is location of picons, are they are on your hard drive?? if so is the hardrive going to sleep?

Hi Pauldb

The Xsarius is used for satellite feed and cable feed directly, no IPTV and VOD installed. There’s signals in both tuners mate.

The picons are stored on the hdd drive under Media/hdd

How would I check if the hdd is going to sleep.

Thanks again

the only other thing you could try is remove the picons from harddrive and place in flash,
cant think of anything else that would slow your box down

any new plugins you have added last few days??

Hi Pauldb,

So the HDD was in ‘5 minutes’ standby mode and I’ve changed this to no standby. Hopefully that’s the correct option.

I’ve also notice in menu/setup/epg/settings:

Epg location was= internal flash

I’ve switched this to ‘Media/hdd’

Hopefully this might sort the lag issues.

Also found that when runnin autobouqetmaker scan it fails with error message saying to check C Tuner.

I have a dual DVB-C tuner installed and single sat.

Check tuner config and it’s correct setup to vm all systems?

Checked timers and recordings and found no timers and no active recordings.

Really weird.

For the lag issues could it be that epg.dat file clogged up the internal flash memory?
Would you know if I should delete this? If so where would the file be internally.
Meaning I know there is one on Media/hdd but because the epg location was set for internal flash perhaps theirs another duplicate file?

Last edited by a moderator:
if you have epg currently saving to the external HDD then the copy on the internal one storage will be clogging up resources. You can FTP to box to manually remove this.

going back to the twin cable have you checked the signal on both??, it may be set up correct but one of the tuners may not be getting a signal that would give you a error on ABM

Change EPG location back to internal and save.
In EPG settings go to load/save/delete and delete EPG.
Then change the EPG save location back to external and save.

Hi

So I’ve sorted the issue with the lag and reflashed to the latest firmware and the lag is sorted. I think the HDd is knackered.

The twin tuner is configured to all 00000 in net id. All vm systems in config.

I switched tuner C and tried tuner B bother being DVB C and. Then from autobouquetmaker selected Vm uk area Basildon1 (used to work in this exchange)

Hit scan and it fails. Tried all area individual and keeps failing.

It’s so weird it always worked on Basildon1.

The device is in postcode ME5
Chatham.

I have two Fusion Hd Se and same results.

Just try a few net id’s that are near to you. It’s not necessary the nearest one to where you live.

I did say try net id’s that are near your area. Plymouth a bit far away from you.
Do you know anyone nearby who has a Virgin box to get the net I’d.

I did say try net id’s that are near your area. Plymouth a bit far away from you.
Do you know anyone nearby who has a Virgin box to get the net I’d.

Hi I don’t know anyone local. I tried everything you told me to do. But no joy.

ok you reflashed to latest image but in settings do providers need updating and epg and abm were updated on latest e2 images?

ok you reflashed to latest image but in settings do providers need updating and epg and abm were updated on latest e2 images?

Hi I reflashed to the latest OpenATV 6.1 dated 200118

I updated configs in ABM and tried Basildon1 as this is area it worked for so many months.

Then I tried Basildon2,3,4 Bromley, maidenstone, Croydon, Brighton, only Plymouth completed the scan and I even tried changing NETID via service searching configure.

I get an error on Basildon1 and all others.
Check tuner C.

The Tuner B/C is a dual tuner and it’s correctly configured in tuner config.
DVB-C, netid 00000 (changed it back), united kingdom, area= vm all systems.

Back