Laptop mouse touchpad issue

scrfta

I have a Toshiba Satellite Pro C50-A-1EO laptop and it has recently developed a problem with the touchpad that is driving me insane!

It started when I upgraded to windows 10 (coincidence maybe?) and every now and then when I tap to click it will repeat the click around 10 times.

Eg. When I open a new tab in my browser, I tap on the pad and about 10 new tabs will open up from 1 click.

It happens at random intervals and can happen when using any program on my computer (browser, photoshop or even opening a folder)

I've tried all the usual suggestions like rolling back the driver, uninstalling a reinstalling the driver and no change. Short of using a USB mouse I have no idea what else to try.

Any suggestions apart from replacing the touchpad as I can't seem to find one for this particular laptop? I've been to the toshiba support forums and they are like a graveyard!!!

Hi, thanks for replying.

I have tried to clean the surface the best I can but it makes no difference.

I'll try again and give it a thorough clean and report back.

Is there anyway these touchpads can be repaired if this fails? I have no problem taking it apart as I have done so with many other PC's and laptops for other repairs but if they cannot be fixed then it's pointless trying.

I had a problem with a tosh laptop mousepad/trackpad.
It was a driver issue.

Give this video a watch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dflJBP4T26Y

Uninstall the synaptic driver completely by going to device manager, looks for mouse section and anything "synaptic" uninstall. then re-install it if needed, i believe it works without it.
If that fails then probably worth getting a usb mouse, they are cheap

Had a look at the video but that relates to the scroll not working. Mine is working perfectly fine except for this multi clicking issue.

I have noticed that if I tap the outer edges rather than the centre of the touchpad it doesn't seem to happen and after cleaning the pad with some wipes I can now see that the surface in the centre is worn, ie. the centre of the pad is very smooth whereas the outer edges are slightly textured.

Maybe this is causing some over sensitivity?????? (I'm just guessing here, clutching at straws!)

File 24-03-2016, 17 24 46.jpg

You can see what I mean from the picture above. The laptop is only just over a year old so its pretty poor if the touchpad is knackered already!!

Yeah the touchpad does look like it has been used a lot, well maybe it is a hardware issue other than software.

Cheapest option is to get a USB mouse, whats stopping you from getting one of them?

Nothing stopping me but I have my desktop computer in the workshop and my laptop is for either on the go or when I'm chilling in a lazy chair!! lol

Didn't really want to try operating a usb mouse on the arm of the chair or on my leg!

Yeah Windows 10 is very annoying, some makes have released a firmware for mice and soundcards due to incompatibilities >.<

you could try spraying some air below the pad, also would visit the Toshiba driver site and check if there is a better driver for it and then remove the generic windows driver

Hi I am having the same problem with a IBM notepad I am running win 10
Is this a problem with win 10 not seeing the mouse pad or a software/ driver problem thanks

Back