lawn mower advice please

I got a rover with an aluminium deck of gumtree, for £80
The boy was looking £140, but it didn’t have a starter on it so he made it cheaper lol

I might put a rover v8 in mine to play with on track days :rolleyes:

Just use these mate

Lawn-cut-with-scissors.jpg

what makes a "good" lawnmower ? do u know ?

A good lawnmower - depends what you want from it. There are two main different types of blades in mowers, rotary and cylinder. A cylinder mower gives a much neater cut than a rotary mower but if your lawn is uneven then it may scalp it in high places.

You won't find many self propelled electric mowers because they're usually so lightweight that it's easy enough to push up and down. Added to this, if you've got lung disease then one that's not self propelled will allow you to push it at your own pace. A tip - walk in straight lines up and down the lawn with it, don't be one of these people who thrusts the mower backwards and forwards to cut the grass. Far too labour intensive that, the mower only needs to pass over the grass to cut it.

As for brands, Flymo and Bosch are probably the most popular and most reliable brands of electric mower. Might be an idea to take a trip to B&Q or somewhere similar and check their mowers out before buying one of the internet without seeing it first.

Back