1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Line Issues

Discussion in 'Zgemma-Star H.2S' started by Sparky7ot, Dec 25, 2016.

1. Sparky7ot

Sparky7ot Member

Hello All, Merry Christmas.
    Im having major issues with my line since Xmas eve.
    I basically have had no paid channels, it comes on for a few minutes then goes off again for hours on end.
    I thought it was a internet issue (im not sure if this is correct).
    Ive just restored to a previous back up and see how that goes.

Any thoughts on why this might be happening please? (Im not very knowledgeable on how all this stuff works)
  2. miccheck1516

miccheck1516 Member

Internet probs on your end or server problems from your line provider. A test line from an alternative provider would help you work it out, if it still happens with another provider it would point to problems with your internet.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
  3. Bigdrinks

Bigdrinks TK Veteran Forum Supporter

I you can stream on IPTV player then it's not your internet.
  4. miccheck1516

miccheck1516 Member

That's a good point and easier than getting a test line.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
  5. Sparky7ot

Sparky7ot Member

I can stream on IPTV player and the computer and phones have had no wifi problems.
    Shame, my lines been good all the time so far, albeit the odd glitch.
  6. moshibeth

moshibeth TK Veteran

Seems like your line is the issue at the moment
  7. frundlemud

frundlemud Member

sounds like your server. the line will run on a very low connection as i had this a few weeks ago. As above try another test line.
  8. ties

ties Member

ive had the same issue today, new line fixed it
  9. Sparky7ot

Sparky7ot Member

Had enough of it now, off to get a new line

---------- Post Merged at 01:40 PM ----------

Before I blame it completely on my line, I just done a speed test and these are my results.
    ping 2,003 ms.
    download 0.37 mbps.
    upload 0.03 mbps.

My download speed is usually 3.5mbps.
  10. thebaldconvi

thebaldconvi Member

Yeah thats pretty bad speed wise and an awful ping result... It must be pretty slow browsing the internet with those results?
  11. moshibeth

moshibeth TK Veteran

As long as your not using any other devices that should run your box ok
  12. Sparky7ot

Sparky7ot Member

Yes it's been horrendous over Xmas. I've just upgraded to fibre.

---------- Post Merged at 05:27 PM ----------

What are the possible causes of glitches and freezes?
    Internet download speed?
    Line Provider has overloaded server? How can you tell this, is it to do with the ecm number?
  13. Sparky7ot

Sparky7ot Member

Fing glitching doing my nut in.
    Get my fibre in a week so will know for sure what's causing it.
  14. dangerous

dangerous TK Veteran

Try another test line
  15. Bigdrinks

Bigdrinks TK Veteran Forum Supporter

Presumably you've tried a test line from a different provider?
  16. JustinCosmos

JustinCosmos Member

Hi, I have a H2S. I got a line in December (N line), for one month to test out the line provider. For the most part it was good. However it did glitch the odd time (once every hour or two? - If i recorded a movie, i noticed it might jump over the freeze once or twice in the entire movie recording). I am new to zGemma and lines, etc, (just got my H2S and set it up a month ago in December). Is this a normal performance from a line supplier? Did I hear somewhere that you should have two lines on your H2S so that the second line overcomes a temporary glitch which may occur in the other line? Appreciate any informative answers!
  17. dt99

dt99 TK Veteran

I had the exact same issue as you. My line used to glitch every hour or so and then gradually got worse so I got a test line from someone on here and it was perfect. I have been running it for about 1 week now and it's spot on. Very occasionally it pixelates but is only for a second and that's maybe once a day if that. You can run 2 lines as you say to combat issues with each other but in theory if your 1 line is decent enough you should never need a 2nd. I would try a new test line if I were you.
  18. JustinCosmos

JustinCosmos Member

Thanks, could you PM me the details of the provider, thanks.
  19. Anst11

Anst11 Member

Over xmas period I had consistent problems with losing my line. I reflashed the box to WBV5.003 again and it seems to have sorted the problem.
  20. dt99

dt99 TK Veteran

Just sent you pm now.