MINI Line not clearing

narl

I have an Edison box, everything is connected correctly the line is not clearing at all, I have tried the second line I use at home and still not connecting, all the files etc appear to be correct, just do know where to go with this one.

have you tried restarting the softcam when you've added the line?
have you rebooted box and router?
have you put the line in the correct location?

Yeah to all of the above, there is data being sent and received but the connection is just not working, I even set the box ip address into the DMZ of the router and still nothing.
Freeview only seems to work, nothing else at present for some reason.
I added my own line to see if that would work and also nothing, and I know this line works as I am watching it at present.

Is there maybe a different mg_cfg file for this box?

Last edited by a moderator:
no, softcams aren't box specific, the mg_cfg is the same one as everyone else's, you could remove and download it again if you think it's corrupted

you could try the line in Ccam if your provider will change it.

Please do not double post, if you want help, post one thread, you will still get the same amount of help. You are not new here, you should know the rules.

Posts merged

Network test all passes.
I even set the up address to the DMZ on the router.

Now it’s a VM Hub 3.0 - I’m unsure if it is maybe being blocked by VM.

Now this is weird. I have just plugged it into my home connection and it is working perfectly fine.
I'm not sure if they have the web safe settings enabled, although I don't think this would cause any issues.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, several times, I have tried 3 different ethernet cables and still nothing, would the web safe have anything to do with it?
I'm using it at the moment watching bullseye.

So what your saying is it was connected to the hub and not worked,but you plugged it into a router and it worked?
Then yes sounds like web safe=no connection.

Well I am home at present, using my own router, watching the last few moments of bullseye, I have my own router in modem mode using a tp link router for the wifi.
Up at his home it is a hub 3.0, he has a few kids so I am guessing web safe is turn on.

Sounds like websafe is enabled,had this issue several times.
Was kinda thinking that myself, I will have to get him to turn off that websafe caper, I even changed the DNS to open DNS and google DNS still the same, so it must be the websafe causing the issue.

Quick update.
Websafe and Virussafe disabled and line still for clearing.

To recap.
Box up address is in the dmz.
Google dns used.
Opendns tried.
I’ve reflashed the box with the newest version of VIX
Box works in my own home.

next time you try it at his house, take your splitter with you, he's probably using a 10p splitter from ebay.
If there's a Screwfix nearby, pick up a Labgear for about £5

I've never heard of websafe/surfsafe stopping a VM line so it's a connectivity issue or similar.
I wouldn't tinker with the DNs and changing box address etc, no one else has had to do this to get a line to run...ocassionally the router and box need rebooting before restarting the softcam

Yeah, just don't know where to go, his box works absolutely fine here, I have websafe turned on here at home and not an issue at all.
When I installed the box the other day, everything was off, so modem / router was all off installed the box then everything was turned on at the same time, all his power levels are well within spec, router / modem working a charm, the only thing I can think off is putting the router into modem mode and trying a 3rd party router.

Back