Link to netid map disappeared from signature

I can tell you why I removed the link - Unless HT tells me different, we have a forum sponsor who is zgemma.co.uk. you linked to a rival sales site. the map is not what I had a problem with, it was the rival selling site. Now, if you have come to an arrangement with HiTeck, and I just didn't know about it, then I am sorry, I apologise. If you haven't, then I am removing it again until HiTeck tells me (I have asked him directly, so it shouldn't take long.

I can tell you why I removed the link - Unless HT tells me different, we have a forum sponsor who is zgemma.co.uk. you linked to a rival sales site. the map is not what I had a problem with, it was the rival selling site. Now, if you have come to an arrangement with HiTeck, and I just didn't know about it, then I am sorry, I apologise. If you haven't, then I am removing it again until HiTeck tells me (I have asked him directly, so it shouldn't take long.

you best remove my backup images in download section then for same reason. if my help isn't wanted then that's fine i'll take it elsewhere. It would have been nice if you notified me of the reason when you did it thats what really pissed me loff.

It's not about not wanting your help, there are clear rules about advertising, that is all.

If you and HT come to an arrangement, great.

It was something I found late at night as I was on the way to bed, and I didn't inform you, my bad. But I fix many things around here without informing people, as i would be writing pm's all day if I informed everyone of everything.

if I was linking to sales page then that makes sense, but I wasn't I was just trying to help. as i say remove my backup posts in download section for same reason otherwise keeping them on the site is being hipocrytical

if i could say that it has happened before to others who linked to other forums and it was that does it every time,links to dropbox and others 4 shared etc,dont get annoyed its on every forum you join all posted in the rules on every forum you join.

think ahead for the little lad with issues and only linked to a dropbox/other site.
sometimes the mods or admin have the evidence.
you get used to things vanishing as all my files were lost:(

I suspect I know exactly why he has taken the links down, and if I'm right then it shows that this is not an independent forum and it's cone

Believe me it is an independent forum.

The reason your google Advert here was block was due to you selling zgemmas on your site, every time a member clicked in the zgemma section there was a huge advert directing them to your selling page, being fed by you buying ad space from google. Nothing wrong with doing that by the way..

BUT

We already have a verified Sponsor for that section "Zgemma" who has been with us a while now, without complaint, and with several checks, which is extremely important and just the way I like it. It's unfair for this site, to charge the sponsor ad space then give that section a huge banner directing them to your site. Its nothing personal it's just how any site works which is the reason Google, gives me the right to block any site i see fit.

As for the link in your signature, it was blatantly obvious why it was removed, we also have the NET id section here as linked to by Cactikid.
As before nothing personal, I just ain't silly :).

very strange as i added here to aid others,it was removed on another forum also.
http://www.techkings.org/threads/need-netids-for-upc-ireland.66999/#post-373852

1.png

I only spotted this after explaining, Spot on :(y):

if I was linking to sales page then that makes sense, but I wasn't I was just trying to help. as i say remove my backup posts in download section for same reason otherwise keeping them on the site is being hipocrytical

The moral of this is don’t sell boxes on TechKings if you don’t have permission :grin:

you best remove my backup images in download section

So let get this right from your reasoning...

You joined and donated to the site, "thinking" donating gave you the right to have a free pass to advertise, anywhere on the site?
Can you link me to where we stated that please?

I can understand you being pissed off as you probably earned a fortune from us. But this site does not owe you your living. I have a right to block sites as I see fit, especially if it benefits sponsors of the forum. I was going to refund your supporters but you only have 4 days left sooo....
Post in here each link to the download section you want removing and I will see to it personally.

Cheers pal.

So let get this right from your reasoning...

You joined and donated to the site, "thinking" donating gave you the right to have a free pass to advertise, anywhere on the site?
Can you link me to where we stated that please?

I can understand you being pissed off as you probably earned a fortune from us. But this site does not owe you your living. I have a right to block sites as I see fit, especially if it benefits sponsors of the forum. I was going to refund your supporters but you only have 4 days left sooo....
Post in here each link to the download section you want removing and I will see to it personally.

Cheers pal.
Actually I didn't earn very much from this site through the advertising and I understand the advertising block, I really do, and I realise it wasn't personal as I saw other zgemma ads that where showing had been blocked. I just found it odd that you allowed it for 6 weeks, I only placed the ad because I saw others were being shown, and then when the sponsor posted on the forum after a long time being quiet you suddenly blocked the ads. I never even mentioned it when it was first blocked because I was fully aware of the reasoning.

As for the NetID and my builds, yes there is a buy link in the menu as this is a page I have up for my site generally, but think about it, the majority, if not all, that are looking for a build or their local netid on TK will already have had/or have ordered their boxes and are in the process of setting them up. Who is going to download a build before they have or have ordered their box? How many people that don't have a box to set up are looking for their NetID ?

Yet you allow links being posted to listings on fleebay that are selling zgemma's all the time. Have I ever posted a link to my ebay listings NO.

I have been on this site for over a year now, and a supporter for almost as long and wouldn't want a refund and would happily renew, I didn't become a supporter thinking I could spam the forum with ads as I was just a user when I donated. I have never intentionally done anything to upset anyone or that has gone against the rules, I learned a lot and wanted to give back. I don't use dropbox because I have my own solid server which I've had for years, if it goes against the rules then all you had to do was tell me and I would have stopped posting the links. I was just more pissed of at the time about the way it was just done.

Anyway I appreciate your response @HiTeck and from now on I won't post any links to any site that may be selling something that one of the advertisers could be selling.

sometimes things just slip through the system but can be picked up at a later date,i am glad now we can settle down and have an other rant:(y)::grin:

they can, tk blocked a number of zgemma ads via google, the publisher can block ads based on a number of things, this is so publisher can stop competetors advertising on their site.

i use adblocker plus so i dont see them and i have noticed on many things more pop ups lol

just to add now that google net id now has a 404 error:quiet:

Last edited:
i use adblocker plus so i dont see them and i have noticed on many things more pop ups lol

How very dare you! Joking aside that app i destroying sites like this.
I use it personally, but only on sites that bombard you with clickbait. I turn it off for forums that need funding and dont take this piss with adds. like us.

they can, tk blocked a number of zgemma ads via google, the publisher can block ads based on a number of things, this is so publisher can stop competetors advertising on their site.

I will block that add. I cannot block everything containing zgemma for obvious reasons, so I have to block them as they show.
Do you use google adsense?

I will block that add. I cannot block everything containing zgemma for obvious reasons, so I have to block them as they show.
Do you use google adsense?

Ooh so I can set up a new domain quickly and get a few ads in LOL, only joking.

I used to use adsense but haven't for years.

Back