1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking to dive into IPTV....

Discussion in 'Kodi - Android box - Firesticks - MXQ' started by Loady, Nov 13, 2018.

1. Loady

Loady Registered

I want to try out IPTV and also want to put it into a couple of relatives houses. I have a zgemma on vm, can I get all sport and films etc as I do with my current setup and more ?.

Im looking to spend on other equipment around 40 quid, what's best to get, a firesticks or android box ?..are they more prone to freezing issues and do they need constantly updating?

2. grahamer67

grahamer67 TK Veteran Forum Supporter

Male
    {maintenance
    belfast
    If its just for iptv, then theres many different boxes around that will do the job, Formuler boxes, mag boxes, Nvadia shields, firesticks, have a search around the forum, there are many different opinions on it, at the end of the day its up to what works best for you and how much you want to spend.

rpidemon likes this.
  3. formandvoid

formandvoid TK Veteran Forum Supporter

Male
    {self employed
    If it's to give to relatives, mag boxes are trouble free and if you have a provider with good VOD content ,that should be ok. I gave a family member an Android box once but spend too much time helping them out all the time. All depends, if it goes wrong can they fix it.

4. satgaz

satgaz Registered

Male
    I second that... MAG box would be my first choice for family members and a great box.

5. dt99

dt99 TK Veteran

Male
    £40, best option would be a Firestick, 2nd gen. Fire TV if you can get one, possibly used on EBay or hold out for Black Friday.

NazoDoop likes this.
  6. Ratis

Ratis Registered

Male
    Hey, Anybody know that app which support only movies.

7. satgaz

satgaz Registered

Male
    Plex maybe?

8. Ratis

Ratis Registered

Male
    I tried plex, but I want like Netflix, Smarters Player ( Android App ).

9. formandvoid

formandvoid TK Veteran Forum Supporter

Male
    {self employed
    In that case Just get a cheap Netflix account off Fleabay and either use the app on android box or use on your smart tv if you have one.

Moofmilker and grouser like this.
  10. Ratis

Ratis Registered

Male
    Netflix gives only one month off and next month will be charge. but I tried for Smarters Player Android App from our IPTV service provider. He gave me at lowest price and that app very effective for movies, series and episodes. :)

11. marcoose

marcoose Registered

what he charged you for the smarters app?

12. Loady

Loady Registered

I've tried many providers with my zgemma on VM, always get freezing...what sort of cost would I be looking at to get IPTV on a firestick and is it also prone to freezing

13. dt99

dt99 TK Veteran

Male
  14. Loady

Loady Registered

I found with tests they seem fine and then when you actually buy the service it freezesf

15. Moofmilker

Moofmilker Registered

Find a supplier that allows you to keep the same details after a trial and get a month after that pay for 6 and then a year. There are some good ones out there, mine never freezes we have a dedicated chat app to ask for help and VOD requests . Problems are always sorted within a day.

16. grahamer67

grahamer67 TK Veteran Forum Supporter

Male
    {maintenance
    belfast
    There are still many good cable providers on here and its still a far better option than iptv, less problems, but its up to yourself I suppose.

bazwilson likes this.
  17. bobbybains09

bobbybains09 Forum Supporter

Male
    My vote goes with mag boxes.. easy to set up and maintain.. and easy to use..

18. rpidemon

rpidemon TK Veteran Forum Supporter

28.2e
    For your relatives go for the mag boxes as @formandvoid said anything else is just going to be more hassle for you in the long term and keep your Zgemma for your VM and IPTV. If it's setup right both should run no problem on it.

19. Ratis

Ratis Registered

Male
    He charged me reasonable price. You can get all info here : Smarters Player Android App

20. Gillen

Gillen Registered

Need a test for stb emu please