Lost and looking for advice for IPTV and TV

Personally I think if your going to use a dedicated device your not going to experience the full picture contrast colours and sound effects from the new OLED TVs that’s why I use the TV app’s rather than having a dedicated device connected in my opinion.
Thats dependent on what device you use for IPTV.
You just need it to support HDR (HLG) and 5.1 DD+ for TV channels.

The majority of the channels and the ones you will mainly be watching will hopefully be FHD 1080p with 5.1 or 2.1 sound depending on your supplier.

I don’t use suppliers VOD as the quality is just ok on most content.
You will get HDR and 5.1DD+ and maybe Atmos but the files are compressed and low bitrate so not the best.
To get the best out of your TV use VOD from a different source.

Firestick for example will support HDR (HLG) and 5.1 DD+ and Atmos.
Just check the specs on the device you buy.
Also buy a half decent high-speed HDMI cable.

I hope you're all doing well.

I'll put it bluntly, i'm pretty new to this and i'm lost.

My TV packed out on me, it won't turn on after trying every Google remedy to fix it.

So here I am, after a couple of weeks of research i've practically decided to buy the LG G3. Now that I'm thinking of buying such a TV, i'm looking at my IPTV and realising that I won't be getting the most from it and i've now started to seek knowledge on the best IPTV set up and quite frankly, I have no idea where to begin and what to trust which has led me here.

My current IPTV set up is the Formula Z8 Pro, running IPTV with a recommendation from my uncle. I have no idea provider is but I just don't like it and I think it will be a waste on the G3.

I want to find the best IPTV, provider and service to maximise the G3.

The IPTV will be largely be used for live sports, PPV events and the occasional TV programmes. The issues with my current set up is that it lags a lot, loses connection. won't load IPTV, time and date will be wrong, quality isn't great and interface feels slow.

This has probably been a scatter post, I'd just really appreciate some solid advice on the best IPTV box to use, service and provider.

Thank you!

How is that TV? I've been looking to be upgrade my tv for a while but i am limited in options as the antenna at ours is borked so i'm using freesat straight from the old sky dish. The only modern decent tvs which appear to be freesat compatible are the LGs and Sonys as everyone else appears to have ditched it. The LG G3 seems to be the best one going but i'm not sure if it just has a satellite input but without the additional freesat capability. I can't find much info online, including the LG website - either that or i'm blind!

How is that TV? I've been looking to be upgrade my tv for a while but i am limited in options as the antenna at ours is borked so i'm using freesat straight from the old sky dish. The only modern decent tvs which appear to be freesat compatible are the LGs and Sonys as everyone else appears to have ditched it. The LG G3 seems to be the best one going but i'm not sure if it just has a satellite input but without the additional freesat capability. I can't find much info online, including the LG website - either that or i'm blind!
I'll have to get back to you, it's arriving tomorrow so hopefully i'll know soon. Have you been to John Lewis/RicherSounds to see it in person?

I’m not sure about your question but this might help.

Help Library: Help Library: [LG OLED TV Antenna Connection] How do I install and connect a digital antenna (UHD)? | LG Jordan

I'll have to get back to you, it's arriving tomorrow so hopefully i'll know soon. Have you been to John Lewis/RicherSounds to see it in person?
Not been to a shop yet but popping into John Lewis is a good shout. I've read severak reviews which include pictures of inputs so know it has the right one but not sure if the software allows for freesat or it is just basic satellite which will populate multiple copies of each channel along which isn't useful. When using the autotune function on my current samsung you select the tuning feature i.e. satelite, antenna, freesat and it then works its magic.
Get a freesat box or a new aerial
Definitely don't want to get a freesat box but fixing the aerial is something i will probably have to sort out at some point. It's just very covenient when i have working satellite with cables to use so might as well use that if it is available.

Back