Lost Blackberry

bees

VIP Member
Hi

My daughter lost her blackberry on friday, it was switched off,
then switched on a half time during the England match, then switched
off again.So somebody has found it.

When it was on I left a message asking them to call me but I can only assume
they have decided to keep the phone for themselves.

It is a PAYG, on O2, no insurance cover.

Can I get this phone locked ??

At least then whoever has got it can't use it.

thanks for any replys

bees

Hi bees.

Have a look at the first question here bud,

Code:
http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,T=pm6,question=ref%28User%29:str%28Mobile%29,cmd=new

hopefuly they can lock it.

jodav :)

OK, just to let you know how I got on,
Went on the 02 website and had an online chat with an
adviser, gave her some details, the phone is now barred.:padlock:

And they are going to send me a replacement sim with the same number
and what ever credit was on it will still be valid.

Now i have got to buy a new blackberry for her !!:damn:

Oh well, she was proper gutted when she realised she had lost it.

Thanks for the advise

Bees

Great news bees, there are too many people who think nothing of returning a lost phone and keep it for themselves. The sorry thing is that if they know the right person they can pay a small fee to get it unlocked again.

At least she retains her number and credit. Looks like your pocket is the only loser :whistling:

jodav :)

Well its worth a try, lets hope they are not too savvy.

My pocket is always the loser where my daughter is concerned. Ha Ha

Rather not put tracking on, someone would get
a right mouth full if i found it. Rather not go there.

But your right she has been checking out the
next model up already :willy nilly::willy nilly:

put it this way mention it to her that you would like tracking on it for your piece of mind which could be used in a case of emergency,its a crazy world out there,having said that i heard a husband had gone missing for days and the poor wife was either in bits worrying ringing the police or hospitals,or having a better time:whistling::whistling:silly fecker went off to a footy match 2012 abroad and did not tell the wife,now who is the dumbass nowROFL

I know its a little too late, but their is a feature called BlackBerry Protect and if your daughter had subscribed to BlackBerry services i.e BlackBerry Messenger then it could be used to do various remote activities on the phone, such as:

Displaying a message on the homescreen (if someone has the phone then they you can leave them a message)
the ability to remotely delete files on the Media Card and Phone Memory. This is an awesome feature to completely wipe your phone of any personal data.
I also believe there is a tracking option but not quite sure how it works.

All this can be accessed by the BlackBerry website online.

Update: I've just checked, I can confirm its called BlackBerry protect, and their seems to be new features added. You can put a lock on the phone with a password and you can also play a sound such as a *police siren*. My most favourite feature is the ability to backup certain media such as applications, memos and even photos. A possible scenario is where the victim can lock the phone preventing the thief from doing anything, then you can quickly backup any photos that you want, and when your done you can set it to WIPE everything. Only thing you lose here is the mobile phone and your privacy will remain intact.

Last edited:
Back