lost ip address and nameserver

patch

im having problems with h2h , i keeps loosing the ip address and i can only view fta channels , it also doesnt save the dns nameserver settings when i change them , can someone help with this please . i am hardwired to superhub 3 through an ethernet switch . thanks

try putting the box into deep standby, reboot your router and then when the router is back online turn the box back on

i rebooted box and its back on , but why is it doing this ? i have now turned off DHCP and changed the dns nameserver numbers to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 . will this stop it loosing the ip address and will it matter that i have turned off DHCP ? as im now getting 4 out of 5 ticks in network test ( just DHCP has a cross ) . Thanks

i turn it off using the red button on the remote , is this leaving it in stand by ? or do i put it in stand by using the menu ? thanks

Red button is ok as i do that with my boxes,i have also got lan switches in use and no issues.Maybe try another lan cable as hoping its not a faulty lan port.

re my nameservers numbers correct at 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 if i have DHCP turned off ? thanks

re my nameservers numbers correct at 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 if i have DHCP turned off ? thanks
yes that's fine, they are the google nameservers and a lot of people use them rather than those provided by ISPs

yes that's fine, they are the google nameservers and a lot of people use them rather than those provided by ISPs
It seems to have kept the ip address overnight . So will see how it goes . Thanks for your help.

Back