M3U Line to M3U File

Detritus

Hi Guys,

Apologies for asking what might seem a simple question. I did try asking my supplier but they are not offering any help.

I have been given a m3u line. As far as I am aware, normally when you put this into a media player, you would generate an m3u file as soon as you have a stream. This would give me something I can ftp to my zgemma box.

However, whenever I use the line I cant seem to generate any sort of stream.

If I put the line into echanneliser, perfect player, windows media player, VLC player - it doesnt seem to matter what I put it into it doesn't work. My supplier says it's me that is doing something wrong and hasnt offered a solution.

My M3U line is in the form

http://iptv.iptvdomain.com:25461/get.php?username=username&password=password&type=m3u&output=ts

(IPTV domain and username and passwords are different).

Can anyone see what I might be doing wrong.

Windows Media Player reports Windows Media Player cannot find the file. If you are trying to play, burn or synchronise an item that is in your library, the item might point to a file that has been moved, renamed or deleted.

If I put the line into perfect player on my PC my EPG line works but I dont get a channel list.

If I try to put this line into echanneliser as an IPTV Stream on my PC I get the message that says failed when I try to play it.

Does anyone have any suggestions.

My main goal is to get IPTV set up as the source for some blank channels on my existing EPG that are no longer receivable by other means. Not having a m3u file to send over to the box is a barrier to this.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hi Guys,

Apologies for asking what might seem a simple question. I did try asking my supplier but they are not offering any help.

I have been given a m3u line. As far as I am aware, normally when you put this into a media player, you would generate an m3u file as soon as you have a stream. This would give me something I can ftp to my zgemma box.

However, whenever I use the line I cant seem to generate any sort of stream.

If I put the line into echanneliser, perfect player, windows media player, VLC player - it doesnt seem to matter what I put it into it doesn't work. My supplier says it's me that is doing something wrong and hasnt offered a solution.

My M3U line is in the form

http://iptv.iptvdomain.com:25461/get.php?username=username&password=password&type=m3u&output=ts

(IPTV domain and username and passwords are different).

Can anyone see what I might be doing wrong.

Windows Media Player reports Windows Media Player cannot find the file. If you are trying to play, burn or synchronise an item that is in your library, the item might point to a file that has been moved, renamed or deleted.

If I put the line into perfect player on my PC my EPG line works but I dont get a channel list.

If I try to put this line into echanneliser as an IPTV Stream on my PC I get the message that says failed when I try to play it.

Does anyone have any suggestions.

My main goal is to get IPTV set up as the source for some blank channels on my existing EPG that are no longer receivable by other means. Not having a m3u file to send over to the box is a barrier to this.

Any help would be appreciated.
Your supplier is just a reseller with no knowledge of iptv i am afraid to say,What a stupid thing to say you are doing something wrong,As the other post suggests copy and paste your line into the top bar of your browser and it will give you a highlighted line under it,click on that and it will convert the line into an m3u file in downloads,Need any help then pm me and i will talk you through it

Thanks for the suggestion guys. I know that the guy doesnt own the iptv server and is just reselling lines.

I didn't mention in my post but I did copy the line into my browser.

If I copy it into firefox I get a blank page but there is no evidence that firefox has downloaded a m3u file. I di try one going into temporary files to see if I could see anything in the cache.

If I copy it into Microsoft Edge then it says
HTTP 404 error
That’s odd... Microsoft Edge can’t find this page
Try this

If I copy it into Microsoft Explorer I get
The webpage cannot be found
HTTP 404
Most likely causes:
  • There might be a typing error in the address.
  • If you clicked on a link, it may be out of date.
What you can try:
bullet.png
Retype the address.

bullet.png
More information

This error (HTTP 404 Not Found) means that Internet Explorer was able to connect to the website, but the page you wanted was not found. It is possible that the web page is temporarily unavailable. Alternatively, the website might have been changed or the web page removed.

For more information about HTTP errors, see Help.

A 404 error usually suggests your username or password is wrong in the m3u line, and if your using a zgemma you should be looking for a supplier that supplies iptv via putty which gives you the epg

Clicking it doesnt give me an m3u file. Or pasting it into a browser. All I get is this if I use firefox.

To be honest, I dont think its working but the supplier hasnt acknowledged this.

If it's just a test get an other one mate

Sent from my K10000 using Tapatalk

Yeah, I have already paid for the line. Paying for more would be a last resort as I had bought a bunch of them on a recommendation from a mate but I am regretting it now.

You ever heard of test before you buy lol
Alright mate one last resort before you use the chargeback option
Ask the supplier to send you the auto script and the m3u file (not line FILE)
If he refuse ask for a refund or just charge him back directly

Also if you suspect it's your box/device which highly likely it's not
Just give me a pm/email/whatsapp I'm always ready to help

Yeah, I have already paid for the line. Paying for more would be a last resort as I had bought a bunch of them on a recommendation from a mate but I am regretting it now.
I cant say to much on an open forum but can say that the line he has given you is an expired test line which has not been extended,I can say as i have done it many many times,It will go to a blank page if the line is dead,Do you want me to check it for you and i have no reason to keep your line details as have plenty of access to iptv

If it's just a test get an other one mate

I cant say to much on an open forum but can say that the line he has given you is an expired test line which has not been extended,I can say as i have done it many many times,It will go to a blank page if the line is dead,Do you want me to check it for you and i have no reason to keep your line details as have plenty of access to iptv

That's kind of you moshibeth. I might take you up on that offer. I have put it back to them and they appear to be reconsidering it. I felt I wasn't doing anything wrong but I wanted to put it out there to have it confirmed on here first. We can all make silly mistakes and I didnt have anything to compare this to to be able to call it out.

You ever heard of test before you buy lol
Alright mate one last resort before you use the chargeback option
Ask the supplier to send you the auto script and the m3u file (not line FILE)
If he refuse ask for a refund or just charge him back directly

Thanks Cacawachi - you're right. He's having another look at it and I am hoping he will do the decent thing. But you're right.

The supplier ended giving me fresh lines for the box and I am getting the results I would expect. At least I see something when I put the line into a browser. Thanks to everyone for their input so that I could get this conclusion. I really started to wonder if it was something I was doing. In short. Old lines were not working which is why I wasnt getting anything. Its been resolved by being offered new lines.

Back