Patch 1 for version 2.19.00
The patch 1 comes with fixing bug with no access to embedded portal (stuck at Loading). This trouble was made because of unproperly editing localizations. Download files from GitHub -> Patch 1 directory.

How to flash patch?

• Put two files from Patch 1 catalogue at your USB stick.
  • Connect pendrive to STB and connect by SSH to STB.
  • Run patch_flashing.sh script.
Next updates which won't be very heavy will also be done by this way. It's just simpler to implement :) There will be also Patch 2 (or version 2.19.01) soon with fixing problem with bad titles of games.

Hello buddies,
could I know your opinion about one thing? There's a website of my project: http://magportal.epizy.com and there's also a GitHub repo: http://github.com/Nepose/MAG_Software_Portal
The think is that I'm thinking about completely moving everything to GitHub to make project simpler and have everything in one space (GitHub provides utility to make plain blog, where I may publish news, and second utility to make wiki together with code so there won't be such things).

What do you think about it? Could you say me please? :)

when i ask setup on the remote i left the infinite loading.. and find the system settings menu i can verify on software update by http that the 2.19.00 release 322is current version and new proposed is 2.20.07r2-324 so all seems good.
BUT i d'ont know what you mean "Connect pendrive to STB and connect by SSH to STB."
i put "patch.tar.gz and patch-flashing.sh" files in the mag322 directoty on the pendrive and d'ont know what to do..
if i reboot ofter loading services go to load a prog i think and not finding it so inform .. loading
to stop : setup on the remote
waiting for your help
regards

yes one place with all info is a good way to have pertinent infos
do we need to register to github or is it only for developers?

Last edited by a moderator:
Have patch_flashing.sh and patch.tar.gz in mag322 directory. Do you know what is SSH (Secure Shell)? Use it to connect to your STB from computer with Linux (it has embedded command ssh) or Windows (by PUTTY program).
When you have connected from computer by SSH, connect your pendrive into STB's socket. Move to folder where you have your pendrive (should be /media/USB-...) and run script by command: ./patch-flashing.sh

The patch should be flashed automatically and STB reboot.

i cannot access the demo -i understand what you want me doing but without a tuto in order to "connet" from my w8.1 i am not able to do it
i hope that a new imageupdate will include those patch
sorry for my incompetence
regards

So you can't access SSH? Okay, just do these steps:
1. Download "PuTTY" application for Windows
2. Check STB's IP address in System Settings -> Network info -> Ethernet or Wi-Fi (choose that one which you have)
3. When you check your IP and if you have installed PuTTY, launch it in your computer and enter IP address of your STB. Set port to 22. Don't change anything other!
4. Click "Open". There will appear a terminal window with "login as: " ask. Type "root" and when password required, type "930920"
5. Connect USB stick with patch files to STB. Move by terminal window to directory of your USB (do you know basic Unix commands?) and then mag322
6. Start patch script: ./patch_flashing.sh

If you can't launch patch script, try doing this command: chmod a+x patch_flashing.sh and after it repeat step 6.

Of course patch will be included in next image update, but not sure when I'll release it ;) In next updates I'm going to improve performance and shorten booting time so it may be some time.

NO i cannot connect " network error connection refused" as if the mag was not on the same network ....before asking have tried lots of things
if i ping it s ok four sent all received .. what disturb me is that every peripheral or pc on my private network ( 192.168.0.xx) ask for a wep other password to join the network
but the mag322 just need auto hdcp and hep work ...it looks as if it s not include

Can you try with port 40? If there's a problem with SSH, I'll write it as issue and try fixing. I'm doing image basing on public utils so access to ssh should be provided properly as public ones allow using it.

10.17 ‘Network error: Connection refused’
This error means that the network connection PuTTY tried to make to your server was rejected by the server. Usually this happens because the server does not provide the service which PuTTY is trying to access.

Check that you are connecting with the correct protocol (SSH, Telnet or Rlogin), and check that the port number is correct. If that fails, consult the administrator of your server.

Okay. I've checked in utilities for MAG 322/324 and strangely there isn't anything about SSH. I'll make new image and send you. If it won't also work, I'll write ticket to Infomir support.

thanks
but also what do you think about the way mag 322 go to connect to the internet without any need to confirm a password (wep in order to connect to my private network )
as any pc do!
and the ping is ok but ...the box refuse access

Could you describe it more, please? Are you speaking about remembering Wi-Fi password by STB?

And image news !!
About website one news: I'm moving website to https://nepose.github.io (There may be bad interface but it's in moving progress so be patient ;) )

And if you are able to, could you check at System Settings -> Software autoupdate if this URL works: https://github.com/Nepose/MAG_Software_Portal/releases/download/v2.19.00r/firmware_mag<model> (for MAG 322 end firmware_mag322, for MAG 250 firmware_mag250 etc.)? Don't have to install it, just check whether information about new release shows.

Last edited:
Not software autoupdate, but from System Settings -> Software update. Here you can enter url.

And second thing: Infomir support has tested image and their staff don't have any problem with SSH connecting on 322. Do you have computer and STB in the same local network?

Check if you are able to connect to STB not from computer (e.g. by JuiceSSH application for Android). Honestly I'm not sure where the problem may be.

the mag322 as configured with 2.18.00 rev and tested by the soft "netinfo"about ports and services at it's ip adress gives zero connection

Attachments

• Lister - test des services sur port mag322.pdf
    14.2 KB · Views: 6
Really strange thing. Please check when I'll send new firmware update, okay?

At this moment I can only say that I'll release new FW this week. More info and changelog I'll publish at my website not to do spam here (here I'll only publish note that image is published). Of course I'll implement working embedded portal into imageupdate and check whether SSH works well. This protocol is based on rootfs, in spaces where at this moment I don't make customizations so it should work properly (image was tested by Infomir support and works well).
For version 2.19.01-release I'm planning to improve using performance and embed first release of recovery file system. Maybe I'll also start numbering builds of images. There will be also post on my blog about firmware versioning schedule and DHCP upgrading.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello mates,
I can't do new image now as less time than thought, but instead it I share with you some surprises, let yourselves know, news is on my website: https://nepose.github.io
I'll post new things on website not to do spam here. Thanks for patience!

Sorry for third post in a row ;)
New post about FW 2.19.01 on my blog. Also if u can please let me know which STBs would you like to use with MAG Software Portal. Thank you :)

Back