MAG 254 box help

ianhaney

I just received a MAG 254 box today for IPTV as did have a openbox v8s and it kept freezing as know they are not suitable for IPTV so got the MAG 254 box and been nothing but a nightmare setting up since got it

I have been unable to watch any channels on it, first it was not letting me view the channel which I clicked ok, I could see the now and next listings but could not view the actual channel so did a software update and still no joy so tried connecting it directly to the router and still no joy so changed some of the router settings like the sky shield for suitable for adults only and disabled the IPV6 and since I have done that, I can't get any wifi connection now

has anyone had this issue/issues before, is really annoying

We need more details.

For instance, have you given your server the MAC address from the box and inputted the URL ?

Does the line you are using in the MAG clear in your Zgemma ?

Is there any messages that pop up when you try to open the portal ?

Can you see all the menu's ?

Can you see the groups of channels, sports, films etc, are you getting any EPG information ?

Have you ran a speed test through the menu's of the Mag ? Both WiFi and cable connections.

Hi

Sorry I know was bit vague

I have gave the MAC code to my server and inputted the portal url

How can I find out if the line in the MAG clear in my Zgemma> sorry am new to these MAG boxes

I don't get any messages when I try to open the portal

I can't see nothing at the mo apart from the screen that has not connected on the right for internet, I got wifi enabled but there is no ip address and is a mac that has a code next to the word mac, below that it's got the model number and version

I did a speed test before when I could connect and it just said infinity mbps

Sounds like it's not connecting to the net properly.

My server allows me to switch my line between a config file, script or Mac address
so I can try my line in an Enigma 2 box or a MAG, as I can load it in different formats
as long as it's only one box is using it at any one time.

You may not have that facility.

Can you connect it by Ethernet direct to the router, then re boot. You should get an IP address
and if you go into the inner portal you should be able to run a speed test.

Sometime the speed test in the outer portal doesn't work properly.

That should tell you if it's connecting to the net.

I did connect by ethernet earlier when was trying to get it working before but now it's wireless, I don't seem to be getting a ip address, there was a ip address earlier as well when was wireless but since changing the router settings I am not getting anything now

I have managed to get a picture now, it’s odd I was originally trying to connect through a wifi repeater so just disconnected that and connected to the sky router ssid instead of the wifi repeater connection and rebooted the mag box through the system settings and clicked on bbc 2 sd and I got a picture on the right side so will press ok again to go full screen and see if still works and will try other channels too

UPDATE: it works still on full screen and other channels are working as well, will try some sports and movie channels and 24/7 channels as well

Do the mag boxes not like connecting to wifi repeaters?

Not sure about repeaters but for any dodgy box the general rule
is wired, then homeplugs, then WiFi.

Check your speed hardwired against WiFi and see how much the speed drops.

Back