Mag 254 warning message

theres no need to reflash.

infomir are banning known dns addresses, not ip addresses.

open up a command prompt on your pc and ping the name of the portals dns.

get yourself a free no-ip account and create a new dns and point it to the ip of the portal.

replace the dns for the portal on your device with the one you have just created.

reload portal.

the box will connect and you have a unique dns running on the mag thats unlikely to get banned :)

Hi,
Ok, but why is there Images for other MAG2xx and MAG322/24 with no Bane, can not someone anyway put out this for the new MAG ver.

Hi,
Ok, but why is there Images for other MAG2xx and MAG322/24 with no Bane, can not someone anyway put out this for the new MAG ver.
no bane?

not sure why you quoted my comment, i was giving another option for all mags without the need to reflash. no idea if there are no block images for those devices nor do i have any inclination to find out as i rarely use mags :grin:

Sorry for quoted you comments.
Just put out a question if someone have made patched no block Images for New MAG349 & 351, as this MAG are the fastest good working MAGS compare to MAG254, MAG256 and MAG323.

NOT MY WORK!!!
Defeating the Infomir/MAG Portal blocking
clip_image001.gif

I've spent the last few days digging around with Wireshark + custom firmware to see how this was working, and it turns out it's quite simple and can be removed from all current firmware on all models that I've tested (250/254/256/322/324)

We could, as people currently are, keep changing portal URLs - but this is not sustainable and as the box is phoning home on every boot, is more than likely just making it easier for Infomir to just re-block on the next wave of updates to the blacklist.

At boot the box performs the following:

· DNS lookup for NTP server

· Contact all NTP Servers found

· Executes the script /etc/rc.d/rcS.d/S98stbapp (which then launches stbapp - the browser that displays your portal)

· DNS lookup for mag???.dcbs.infomir.com

· Encrypted communication with mag???.dcbs.infomir.com

· Saves result of this communication as /mnt/Userfs/data/dls.backup

· Displays portal selection page

· If portal is blocked, it then loads and displays the error message (which is stored in the javascript for the Inner Portal - so we can edit this if we choose)

· Otherwise load portal as normal

Once dls.backup is stored in the box, it will continue to block all currently known portals on the blacklist even if Infomir's server is unreachable. /mnt/Userfs is not wiped on firmware restore either, so it will persist between versions unless we wipe it.

This means we have two tasks to perform:

· Patch stbapp OR the hosts file to block the blacklist server

· Erase dls.backup to prevent cached lookups

Personally I favour patching stbapp, as this ensures it's impossible for it to somehow slip through (since it'll be looking for the wrong server.) But in the current firmware versions both methods seem effective.

Both of theses tasks CAN be done by hand, but the easiest way (especially for larger providers) is to build a custom firmware that users can just load from a USB that will both patch the problem and prevent Infomir from pushing any more automatic updates to that box.

For those comfortable making the change and would rather do it themselves the details are below. If people need them, I can build patched firmware for the boxes that people need, but won't have the time to build and upload them before probably Sunday evening. (Pending recommendations of a good anonymous file host)

To edit the hosts file (/etc/hosts) add the following line (replace mag324 with the correct model for you):

127.0.0.1 mag324.dcbs.infomir.com
To patch stbapp, open /usr/local/share/app/stbapp in a HEX editor, search for

dcbs.infomir.com
and make ANY change to the domain name (without changing the length AT ALL)

Finally to ensure that the dls.backup will be deleted after flashing your custom firmware than add the following line to /mnt/Userfs/data/dls.backup before the line that launches stbapp:

/bin/rm /mnt/Userfs/data/dls.backup
If all the above has been done correctly, then all previously blocked portals will now be accessible again, and no future blocks will have any effect either.

Hi Thr0wawayicus
Is it possible to get this Good NonBlock firmware for MAG349 and MAG351 also ?
Have been endless greatfull for this (as GenIPTV custom firmware don't alow to change Portal setting)
/B

hi guys i am pulling my a hair out! I have a mag 250 and every time i try and update it i get image not present - ive tried 6 different usb stickes now - all formattted to fat32 all with the mag250 foler and bootstrap and image in it. Is there any sure fire usb stick that will work?

I’m unsure if it’s related to the block, but one of my boxes (MAG254 W1) which I’ve recently installed has locked up, and the only thing it shows on screen is a padlock symbol. The firmware update setting was turned off after a warning from my provider, and it doesn’t show a message stating that I should contact my provider.
I’m puzzled as to what it can be, as my other 254 (LAN connected) is working ok, albeit minus the PL content

i think updating the firmware has screwed 2 of my mag boxes, both 322 and both relatively new.. were working fine till th informir block, updated to the no block software then after around 3 channel changes the screen goes black and is unresponsive have to power unit off and on to get anything then will do the same after around 3 channel changes. I flashed with informir latest official software and the same is happening. anyone had this issue or have any ideas of how to fix this.. absolute disaster

i think updating the firmware has screwed 2 of my mag boxes, both 322 and both relatively new.. were working fine till th informir block, updated to the no block software then after around 3 channel changes the screen goes black and is unresponsive have to power unit off and on to get anything then will do the same after around 3 channel changes. I flashed with informir latest official software and the same is happening. anyone had this issue or have any ideas of how to fix this.. absolute disaster

SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME ON MAG322 BOXES......

Hi all, I have uploaded the NO BLOCK firmwares individually to the place below because a few people have said that the anonfile download didnt work for them.

this is the same as what was in the original download but the download was big as it had all of them. here you can just pick the one you want for the box u have.

Big respect to throwawayicus ... its his work.

Mag250 - Warp Files | Private | Secure | File Uploads

Mag254 - Warp Files | Private | Secure | File Uploads

Mag256 - Warp Files | Private | Secure | File Uploads

Mag322 - Warp Files | Private | Secure | File Uploads

Mag324 - Warp Files | Private | Secure | File Uploads
349??

Does the Infomir block always show a message? I done a 322 today for a pal and it works perfect in my home but when he took it to his it loads the Menus but will not play any of the channels, just gets a blank screen. Not used the NoBlock as yet on this box.
Can't see what else could cause it so thinking it must be this.

Isp lock by provider maybe no block firmware stops the copyright infringement warning message appearing by informer ask provider if isp lock is on is it run on WiFi or ethanet

I had similar problem my friend had vpn setup on is router
From another provider when he was using there android box Worth a check

Hi guys..

I am looking to learn to build my own images but I need to start with the rootfs.

But Infomir have removed the old rootfs-2.20.08r2 version from there site that could be patched and I want to try and make it no-block myself.

Looking in the new firmware (July) there is no dcbs.infomir.com so I guess they change the way the blocking works.

So I am looking for all the files I need to build the older 2.20.08r2 firmware.

Shout out to throwawayicus if u still have all the files.

Cheers guys.

Back