Mag 254 warning message

my mate had same problem changed his mac address on box and provider seemed to work for him not saying it will work for everyone but I've had no ixxues with mag boxes I've got

Haha what a loads of balls... This sound to me that providers are playing a massive con.. One way for you to check is as follows: Install stb emu on a supported device, change the MAC of the stb emu to match that of your mag box, enter the url that you have into stb emu, ensuring you now turn of your mag, save the setting in stb emu and see if it connects. If stb emu fails to connect then the url has been cut or if its say blocked then it is your provider.

Point to note.

There is no way that the makers of the mag device have blocked your provider. This would mean that they would have to issue an updated firmware image which would contain a list of blocked urls.

Haha what a loads of balls... This sound to me that providers are playing a massive con.. One way for you to check is as follows: Install stb emu on a supported device, change the MAC of the stb emu to match that of your mag box, enter the url that you have into stb emu, ensuring you now turn of your mag, save the setting in stb emu and see if it connects. If stb emu fails to connect then the url has been cut or if its say blocked then it is your provider.

Point to note.

There is no way that the makers of the mag device have blocked your provider. This would mean that they would have to issue an updated firmware image which would contain a list of blocked urls.
Completely agree that's what I did for my mate and worked lol

Point to note.

Installed stb emulator and used old MAC address and it worked for me

bazcfc1, how do you change mac on mag ?? being throttled and thought this might help
Don’t think you can change MAC address on mag box it definitely problem with mag boxes maybe they are blocking the provider

Last edited by a moderator:
Not a panel sent message good few forums including Informir that have posts on this issue. I see the way forward if they do continue is a sniffer to see what's coming in to a box and custom firmware

Can't change Mac on magbox and stbemu will work as its not being blocked. Its mags this is with loads popping up on forums including Informir own community forum with this issue and as always informir are saying squat .

Not a panel sent message good few forums including Informir that have posts on this issue. I see the way forward if they do continue is a sniffer to see what's coming in to a box and custom firmware

Or just use android?

For some people managing to type out a Mac address correctly is hard enough.

Getting them to downgrade the firmware on a mag is going to be nigh on impossible :grin:

on another note, do the isp providers in the uk not have the power to block ip addresses? (yes they do)

why would anyone put pressure on a single stb manufacturer to block ips on their device? and who would that pressure be coming from?

if it was the sky and bt brigade they have nothing other than their own content to protect,

what about foreign streams? are we now saying uk broadcasters are now have the right to request foreign content to be blocked?

the smell of bull is getting stronger :grin:

I always say time will tell. Does seem mad a firm would shot itself in the foot, just odd that so many posted this issue not just here as I say on informir as well all with different sellers

why would anyone put pressure on a single stb manufacturer to block ips on their device? and who would that pressure be coming from?
Not sure on who it could be coming from.
But not too long ago kodi had to defend itself because they got a lot of hassle saying they were to blame for people getting illegal streams to watch thru there software.
https://www.express.co.uk/life-styl.../Kodi-add-ons-illegal-streaming-warning-alert
Kodi software is opensource and its third party software/addons that provide the streams.
Maybe the people who went for them might be taking an approach to get the boxes that provide these facility's/stream structure.
If the powers to be shut one manufacture down over the boxes then expect other boxes will go. Since its easier for Joe public to get a box than to set something up themselves and get the streams/IPTV.
Who knows, Sounds like a lot of rubbish but you never know?

Back