Mag 254 warning message

Could well be as some boxes are fine when others aren't. I thot it was Mac blocking. Im getting one tonight to have a play with it.

Are there any clones going about of these? I always bought from WOS but they might have got hold of a batch of clones by accident.
I know that R-23 DESTROYS the FAKE MAGS you CANT EVEN BOOT THEM UP - so if they can do this then its not a fake box thing

You can get blue light of death on cloned 250's back to life for £5.00

The following is posted on the Infomir site dated 20/12/18 -
Infomir is an international company operating in more than 150 countries around the world. Being a manufacturer of multimedia devices, we are subject to copyright and related rights legislation. We respect and observe it.

Upon receiving a complaint from copyright holders, Infomir is obliged to restrict access from its devices to a portal, which is suspected of copyright infringement. The restriction will last until the issue with the copyright holder is settled.

If access to your portal has been restricted, please email us at legal@infomir.com. To clarify the situation, we will connect you with the copyright holder, who filed the complaint. Infomir always protects its customers and respects the interests of copyright holders. Thank you for being our partners!
https://www.infomir.eu/eng/press-center/news/201-infomir-protects-the-copyright/

Factory resets, and not updating to the latest firmware is getting around this issue right?
Anyone got a clue if as Sgunnage suggests turning of updates would do any good?

Last edited by a moderator:
So informir now have servers details and now there dealing with the copyright people. Ummm that’s not going to bode well

there's an update on mine today ??
mag322
2.20.08-324(thu dec 20 2018)
this is very buggy on my box so rolled it back to older firmware
also disabled autoupdate so no accidental updates :)

Last edited:
Portal change from.what I see and it is true this is now no the informir site

Infomir is an international company operating in over 150 countries globally. As a manufacturer of multimedia devices, we are subject to copyright and related rights legislation, which we respect and adhere to.

Upon receiving complaints from a copyright holders, Infomir is obliged to restrict access from its devices to any portal suspected of copyright infringement. The restriction will be maintained until the issue with the copyright holder is resolved.

If access to your portal has been restricted, please email us at legal@infomir.com. For further clarification of the situation, we will connect you with the copyright holder who filed the complaint.

Infomir always protects its customers and respects the interests of copyright holders.

Thank you for partnering with us!

Has anyone who was blocked been able to unblock themselves by rolling back their firmware??
Some people have factory reset boxes and not updated them, fixing the issue,
This maybe different depending what magbox u have, so might work on older types but newer versions it may not fix.

I've just set my new MAG322 to disable automatic updates.
Is that all that's required or might it also be wise to change the update URL stored in the menus so it can't find their servers?

I've just set my new MAG322 to disable automatic updates.
Is that all that's required or might it also be wise to change the update URL stored in the menus so it can't find their servers?
on my mag322 i rolled it back to 2.20.07r3-324 (Mon Dec 10 2018)
this is the latest one 2.20.08-324(thu dec 20 2018)

on my mag322 i rolled it back to 2.20.07r3-324 (Mon Dec 10 2018)
this is the latest one 2.20.08-324(thu dec 20 2018)
Updated mine to the Dec 20th release a couple of days ago and no problems with my current portal address so far.
Won't be allowing any further updates, assuming the box behaves itself and doesn't somehow override my setting updates to manual only.

I can't get my head round why an update would knock them off. Surely if they were blocking providers then they can do that on server side..That's not what has happened because using another DNS would clear the channels again.

I reckon from my software experience and with boxes I have seen this on its not firmware but a backdoor push to stop the portal working , one box on another form with this they changed portal and the box is fine so what ever They are doing its an instruction set to tell the box " sorry this is blocked" find the in coming info block it or personally rip apart the firmware

Just bought a mag 322, been up and running a few days and it’s been fine, is there a reason to be worried ? Or any advice welcome cheers

Back