Mag 256 problem

Hi all.

Got a mag 256 box this week and it's been running fine with a decent sub. Then tonight whilst watching tv got a red box appear top of the screen with a message which said network error. Then it went off and now won't load the portal. Unplug the Ethernet and plugges it back into my Amazon box and the network is fine. Is there anything I've missed on the mag box. Strange and annoying.

A router reset usually seems to sort it for a few days but then it comes back and you have to repeat process it seems to have come with the last update I know a few people who are getting it who is your BB supplier

I'm with BT. wonder if it's a block from bt or a bug in the latest software.

A router reset usually seems to sort it for a few days but then it comes back and you have to repeat process it seems to have come with the last update I know a few people who are getting it who is your BB supplier

I'm with BT. wonder if it's a block from bt or a bug in the latest software.
Yes it seems everyone I know who is getting this problem is with BT I'm thinking it's a router problem of some sort it can happen when the box is switched on in the morning or during mid programme watching where it says connection error but still continues to play like I said above pressing the reset button on router works for me to get rid of it for a few days did you get yours back up and running

I had it running fine this morning. Sat down to watch the footy now an 5 mins in its gone off again. Feel like lashing the box out the window. I don't use the bt router I've got a Netgear nighthawk router. If it carries on I'll have to go back to sly. It's so unreliable.shame as the service looks good.

So I've given the box a static ip address which someone suggested on another forum but still nothing. Completely dead. Internet is fine so I can only think it's a block from BT.

Back