Mag 256 real or fake?

MrT

I purchase a Mag box 256 in August from w**** of s******** In all honesty I have had a few issues with the box. Mostly down to servers. It appears I have that issue resolved now due to a change in server. However, as always with this box one issue solved seems to throw up another. Only on bbc1 i have subtitles. I can turn it off with the mode button but looking through previous posts on this problem it was mentioned about updating the firmware to an older version. That's were the issue is because turning off auto updates and pressing f2 manual update it won't do anything. I can update to the latest version but not older. W** were recommended to me so is it a fake box or genuine?

Just pictures of the box. Like the top, bottom and back. That’s what the asked me to do when I emailed them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: MrT
Ah right I'm with you. I will do it now. Can anyone help regarding this f2 green button on the update menu? I've been told it is possible to put older firmware onto the box but I can't.

They posts are more than likely about the 254, as far as I'm aware that option is not available on the 256.

Reactions: MrT
That's good to know so it could be a genuine box. I've mailed infomir just waiting for a reply.

They were recommended to me by quite a few members here. Excellent service as well I might add. If there is a response from infomir I'll update.

A big thanks to all for their help on this. I contacted Infomir yesterday and they've mailed me today. As howarth4422 said they asked for a photo of the sticker on the bottom of the box. They needed the Mac and serial numbers. I can confirm wos came up trumps again as it is a genuine mag256. Infomir asked if there was an issue with it so I explained I was trying to load previous firmware onto the box but couldn't using the f2 manual update. Apparently as others mentioned that feature isn't possible on this box. So all is well......... for now!!

Back