mag254 display issu

chrissafc

in a nutshell

1x mag 254 box
2x hdmi ports on tv

mag box has been working fine on the hdmi port, unplugged it the other day, plugged it back in last night, no joy, screen flickers when loading portal, it basically won't display. switch the mag box onto hdmi 3, and it works fine 1080i-50 720x576

whilst obviously happy to just use hdmi 3, is there a reason why hdmi 2 suddenly won't play?

have tried different hdmi cables. have changed resolutions and whilst I get display, I don't get sound, yet display and sound are fine when switching to hdmi 3. HDMI 2 works fine with dvd player

any idea?

thanks

Last edited:
Screen flickering but working... i had a Samsung TV couple of years ago, same issue...I took it apart and.the board had a crack in hdmi board 2 would work 3rd flickering..

aye it's very weird as hdmi 2 will work fine with my dvd player no issues. I am happy using hdmi 3, just very bemused why hdmi 2 won't work with the mag box it makes absolutely no sense at all

Using heavy HDMI cables is a big issue. Silicone boards get hot, eventually weight of the hdmi cable,
Get brittle.. and break down..

i'll just stick to using hdmi 3 on my tv. can't for my life work it out, one of those things that have bugged me but there is an easy workaround.

Back