Mag254 sub woe....

Anst11

Long story short...I have a mag254 and I stupidly bought a 12 month sub off a member. After a few months I have come to he conclusion it's pretty rubbish. Vod doesn't work much (server unavailable), some films just glitch out. Tv series are non existent, just can't open them. The tv channels themselves are freezing and looping back to around 30 seconds previously every few mins.had some friends round to watch the lions rugby and it was nigh on impossible to watch.

How do I add a subscription in parallel with my existing one? I'll have to chalk it down to experience and start again.

You just create another user profile with a new suppliers details. When you want to switch between the 2 you just select the other profile

Go to inner portal then settings then system settings next go to server then down to portal click ok and you will see 2 spaces to put portal name and portal url if you already have a subscription 1 pair will have portal name and url already added just click on the empty pair add the name and url from your new supplier exit out go to reboot device box will restart with option of which portal name you want to use

Good evening gentleman, I'm totally new to the forum and after some advice, go easy!

I'm contemplating buying a MAG 256 but the ZGEMMA also looks quite tempting after years of having my under crackers pulled down by s*y and virg*n.

Any recommendations on which of the units will perform better and why? I understand they both have different layouts but other than that which of them would be best for performance in terms of quality, speed reliability etc?

More importantly once I've made the decision on the box (with your help all being well) Who offers the best Sub? I've been reading alot but can't seem to find a definitive answer and this seems to be the most important part of the equation, honestly any advice would be great. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Depends what you're after midas... If you want something that just works, then go for the mag box. The mag is designed just for iptv, so will work the best just for iptv...

However, if you want to be able to play, fiddle about, and customise looks, layouts etc, then an e2 box would be best for you...

In terms of getting a sub, post in the iptv requests section, and get a couple of trials first, to see which you like the most and which works the best for you...

Depends what you're after midas... If you want something that just works, then go for the mag box. The mag is designed just for iptv, so will work the best just for iptv...

However, if you want to be able to play, fiddle about, and customise looks, layouts etc, then an e2 box would be best for you...

In terms of getting a sub, post in the iptv requests section, and get a couple of trials first, to see which you like the most and which works the best for you...
Thank you so much for your help, much appreciated. In terms of performance of the boxes which of the boxes have the better technology for performance? Ike most I'm just so sick of paying over £100.00 p/m to watch a bit of football and s*y atlantic

You would be a lot wiser to go with a mag 256 for future proofing as some suppliers are starting to use the new codec HEVC for the VOD I have used mag 254 and 256 and I have yet to see these bugs that (stuv) talks about with the 256 maybe he could explain what the bugs are rather than just its too buggy I have also used my H2s for iptv and if you want a family friendly easy to set up device that does what it says on the tin the mag 256 is the way to go

Thanks mate, I've been directed to the subs thread which of course is vital to these devices functioning as they should, do you have any advice on what to look for when purchasing subs?

I would take recommendations from people about the subs they are using and not people trying to sell you a sub and try them out for yourself as there is such a varying degree as to what you can get from price, reliability, catch up services, video on demand, fully working epg and channel selection and PPV events and would advise that you try and go with direct sellers rather than resellers as any problems occur and you can deal with the people direct and the price will almost always be better as they dont need to put that bit extra on top and of course they know about the product and can answer any problems you get with the device you decide to go with where some resellers cant as some suppliers allow you to use the sub on as many different devices that you like but not at the same time unless you have multiroom many direct sellers will have a website and forum that you can also go to for help and advice it should not really cost much more than £70-£80 a year for your sub and extra £5 a month may be if you want multiroom to get a really good sub with at least 7 day catch up plenty of VOD and fully working epg for UK/USA channels and good support from the supplier.

I would take recommendations from people about the subs they are using and not people trying to sell you a sub and try them out for yourself as there is such a varying degree as to what you can get from price, reliability, catch up services, video on demand, fully working epg and channel selection and PPV events and would advise that you try and go with direct sellers rather than resellers as any problems occur and you can deal with the people direct and the price will almost always be better as they dont need to put that bit extra on top and of course they know about the product and can answer any problems you get with the device you decide to go with where some resellers cant as some suppliers allow you to use the sub on as many different devices that you like but not at the same time unless you have multiroom many direct sellers will have a website and forum that you can also go to for help and advice it should not really cost much more than £70-£80 a year for your sub and extra £5 a month may be if you want multiroom to get a really good sub with at least 7 day catch up plenty of VOD and fully working epg for UK/USA channels and good support from the supplier.
Thanks for the advice mate, any advice on how to spot a direct seller? Apologies if the questions seem a bit dim but I am totally new to this. I'm based in the Midlands would that make a difference on the sub I go for?

For the price difference between a mag 254 and a 256 is a no brainer, get the 256, I run one and it performs great. Any hiccups I would put down to the streams in general and nothing to do with the running of the mag box.
E2 receivers run it ok, but the mags are twice as fast as E2. (Compared to a zgemma H2S)

A quick search on google will find you some direct sellers and there are websites who review the services they offer as for your location ask the seller if they have european servers

To be fair-future proofing is not really true.If the server is mag only-you are onto a winner. It all runs as fast as your broadband and and what is served.
So if you bought the cheaper option of a mag250 - its no great shakes.Infomir still provide updates for these and sell millions of them.

stuv I think that what you are saying is not quite true telling first time buyers to buy a box that does not play the new codec that some suppliers have already started to implement yes they still release firmware updates for the 250/254 but why would you recommend somebody buy a product that they may not be able to use to it's full potential especially first time buyers who just want the box to work without any disappointment but this is not your first dull comment here I talk about the 1 you made a bit further up the post saying (254 the 256 is to buggy) without leaving any reasonable explanation, I doubt very much you have even used a 256 you probably read old reports from the internet of when they first came out I did ask if you would like to explain exactly what bugs you were talking about in my post further up so may be you could now give your explanation for the couple of £ difference between the 254 and 256 I still personally think it would be a bad decision like you made to buy a cheaper box and not be able to play all the content that suppliers put out.

Back