Max USB stick size?

Got to admit, Im with Woosh.
Ive been building and repairing PC's since, hmm, probably 1991, when soundcards has SCSI sockets on them (mad combo!), been using devices with usb ports since USB 1.1 was a twinkle in USB 1.0's eye, and am (unfortunately) responsible for just over 100 PC's, several laptops, and several Microsoft Surface Pro's, as well as the VPN's, and network.
And, in all my years, with people inserting and removing usb devices as often as the wind changes direction, and using portable self powered HD's, Ive never once, ever, came across a burned out USB port.

Maybe Im just the luckiest guy in IT..........

---------- Post Merged at 10:12 PM ----------

Those sticks are fake. Definitely.

Use this little utility to tell you their true size. (Shall we have a sweepstake? :) )

H2testw Download
That test above told me my usb sticks could be corrupted so I guess they're fit for the bin.

They arent corrupted - they are fake.
It will, as are 99.9% of them, be a 4 or 8 gig flashed to give the capacity the seller wants it to show.
Thats why people were suggesting copy some files onto it and play them back.
if you tried to copy over say 64gigs worth of video files and play them back, youd have found out they wouldnt play, hence a fake.

Yes I know now they're fakes, the program told me they're corrupt.

They still won't work properly for me as 8/16Gb sticks in th zgemma. Yea I can store files from my pc but I tried flashing from 2 of them on th zgemma and it failed with both. That's why I'm saying they're prob fit for the bin.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Many fakes will be manufacturer rejects so it is quite possible to get a branded memory stick which is unable to hold the stated capacity. Read the small print offered by the seller.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
One of mine looks like a legit LENOVO so you've a good point there.

most vips and vets if using external hdd would use a proper externally powered one and not a portable that could burn out usb port.

Being a Vet/VIP/Mod really doesn't come into it, I have used a portable HDD since the start, never burnt anything out.

Many fakes will be manufacturer rejects so it is quite possible to get a branded memory stick which is unable to hold the stated capacity. Read the small print offered by the seller.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
One of mine looks like a legit LENOVO so you've a good point there.

Erm, isnt the point of a fake that its meant to look legit / exactly like the original ?!
Wouldnt be a very good fake otherwise?

Back