Cable mgcamd help please guys. heads burst

paddyb

right guys some advice would be wonderfull. had my box running sly no prob for couple days on cccam.
i am trying to install nline for vm, with little success. i have changed the 'N' to 'CWS = ' then line details. have also done a check on testious, line is working fine.
at first i had just a single line CWS = ...............

i then found on this forum that the newcamd file should be this

CWS_KEEPALIVE = 300
CWS_INCOMING_PORT = 21000
CWS = server.***.** port user password 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14

i tried that and still nothing. running scumnsee vix backup so i havent touched the mg.cfg file
is that correct ? should the '300' after keepalive be different for my box, same for the incoming port value?

am i right in assumming i can run cccam for sly aswell as nline for vm? really cant see what im doing wrong?

Not sure if this helps but I have cable running within a nline, all I've got in is CWS = bla bla bla, no need for anything else. What mgcam are you running, the connections can be a bit arsey at times. Try running it on both 1.35 & 1.38

thanks for the reply mate. i tried it just a single line as you say before adding the other format. and yip, tries 1.35 and 1.38 still no success. wifes watching a film the now so im gubbed for messing around till the morning. do you have a cccam running too? just wondering if they maybe conflict, but the cccam is for sly and the nline for vm i can add it as a cccam if need be but obviously id rather it as nline

You can add a Sly Line directly under your Virgin line or vice versa so it looks like this for example.

CWS = CABLE.SERVER
CWS = SKY.SERVER

Mine both run together in Mgcamd 1.38.

You can run a C line in Mg cam but it may need to be modded and your mg file or you can put both lines in CCcam .Cfg folder in etc folder as they are ie beginning with C and the N no CWS = You can not run 1 in each this will cause conflict

yeah ive done that as ccam for both just now. my sly line is only available as ccam, whereas my vm one can run as either, i was hoping to run it as nline though , but im starting to think this might not be possible, although softcams lets both ccam and mgcam go active

---------- Post Merged at 08:31 PM ----------

ah so thats the problem then , i cant run seperate , excellent thanks for the clarification. so i can run a cline in mgcam? didnt think that was possible, thought you could run nline in either or obvioulsy wrote out differnet to suit but i thought cline was restricted to cccam

This is the info I found out about running clines in mgcamd

There are 3 important files needed for sharing:

mg_cfg
cccamd.list
and
newcamd.list

To allow mgcamd to share from both CCcam and Newcs, you must ensure that in the file mg_cfg, you edit the settings for the value of G: { x }

Settings are cumulative, you sum the values of the emus you want to connect to.. Have a quick look, but don’t dwell on it.

Set G: { 33 }

Simple so far? it gets easier..

Edit cccamd.list and paste in a C-line as normal e.g.

C: myfriend.dyndns.com 12000 myname mypass

close and save.

Edit newcamd.list

You may see something like:

CWS_KEEPALIVE = 300
CWS_INCOMING_PORT = 21000

leave that alone..

If someone gives you an N-line like this

N: myfriend.dyndns.com 15000 myname mypass 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14

add it to the end of the newcamd.list like this:

CWS = myfriend.dyndns.com 15000 myname mypass 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 server1

Close and save

Restart mgcamd.

Also - Have you checked with your Service provider alot have made changes to the Line Info after a recent problems this week.

put the n-line in a cccam!!!!

N: then all your stuff

restart then go do something for about a house

see these n-lines sometime work straight away but other you think there not working and they just come on and stay on!!!

i have done this so many times

also use CCcam & Newcam line tester - testious.com
to make sure the line is green otherwise there is aissue

put the line in a cccam

like rhisr

N: yourprovider.org 33344 user password 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14

honestly change it back to the n-line

test it in testious if its green put it in a cccam.cfg load it restart and leave it a hour atleasr
i have honestly seen it take 2 hours i dont know y

Back