MHL to HDMI (Hdd to TV)

j4v3d

VIP Member
Hi

I have the following television Goodmans ld2412f 24 lcd tv

It has a USB Port on it at the back - i connect my USB External HDD and it doesnt detect but powers it up. Selecting the USB option on the TV i get the option of "Firmware Upgrade" only. I am wondering if the TV is limited to some USB Devices?

However it has a HDMI Port and i was wondering can you get a Mini Usb (MHL) to HDMI cable and will that work when connecting it to the TV? I've emailed Goodmans but god knows when they will reply back. The service on here is much better and maybe they could learn a thing or two from the TK Family.

Thanks in advance.

The USB port on that TV is, as you probably gathered from the options you are given, for upgrading the firmware only. You can download the new firmware from the manufacturers website and place it on a flashdrive, stick it in the side, and follow the prompts and upgrade. It is not for being able to plug in a drive full of audio or video files for playback. It is not a "smart" tv. No matter how you go about connecting your drive, it is not going to recognize or process your files for playback. It would be no different than connecting it directly to your PC monitor and expecting it to play your movie.

The USB port on that TV is, as you probably gathered from the options you are given, for upgrading the firmware only. You can download the new firmware from the manufacturers website and place it on a flashdrive, stick it in the side, and follow the prompts and upgrade. It is not for being able to plug in a drive full of audio or video files for playback. It is not a "smart" tv. No matter how you go about connecting your drive, it is not going to recognize or process your files for playback. It would be no different than connecting it directly to your PC monitor and expecting it to play your movie.

thanks for that. Just wanted a second opinion on the matter. Just what i thought a useless TV in the end lol

HTML:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgeaeXM4SpM

Well i think its worth a go in buying the cable and testing seeing as the guy said on eBay that if it doesnt work you can send it back for a full refund. What unnecessary stress this is causing lol

I guess I am not seeing the relevance of the video to the original question? Plugging and mirroring a smart phone to a display is different than plugging in an external HDD and expecting the monitor to process and play audio/video files. Maybe I missed something?

I guess I am not seeing the relevance of the video to the original question? Plugging and mirroring a smart phone to a display is different than plugging in an external HDD and expecting the monitor to process and play audio/video files. Maybe I missed something?

I don't think you have missed anything the tv clearly doesn't allow HDD to be connected so I'm just going to return the HDD back and get a refund.

Back