Miraclebox Mini+ Hybrid - Newbie Questions

Nucleus

Having recently got a couple of Miraclebox Mini+ Hybrid boxes and successfully set them up, added HDD for recording and stuff, and being new to this - still lost about several things!

1. Keep seeing mention of CacheFlush, what does it do? Plz don't say it flushes/clears the cache. What cache? Is their any documentation or a guide for it and many of the other plugins anywhere? Do we need it/them?
  2. It's easy to press Download Plugins and see a whole bunch of plugins listed with a minimal description as to what they do. Also, have read a couple of times about not letting the boxes internal memory fill as it may brick the box, is it safe to try plugins, do they install to internal memory or the attached HDD?
  3. What is zap/zapping - jumping direct to another channel?
  4. When you press "Fav" button the last category listed is "Favourites (TV)" - can you add your fave channels to that?
  5. If copying local media to the attached HDD for playback which is the correct folder to place it in - same one as the recordings made by the box - /media/hdd/movie/ ? Or can you place it somewhere else separate from the boxes recording folder? Have FTP'd to the box and browsed the folder structure but didn't see anything obvious for user media - usr folder?
  6. Using Open Webif have copied channel links and played back in VLC on PC. Can you do likewise on Android devices connected to the network?

Plz don't say "read the forums" because I have, this and other boards - it's a minefield for a newbie and what we see mentioned for other boxes (plugins) may not apply to this box.

Last edited:
You don't need to use cacheflush on the Miraclebox. only used for boxes with small internal memory. your box as 500 flash and 500 ram so not a problem.

You can try plugins. you can always remove then. but don't put to many on as it will slow your box down. They not all that great anyway.

Zapping is when you press the ok button and it goes to a new channel. when your in EPG and press the ok button once it shows a preview in the little screen, double pressing ok Zaps to the channel.

you can add your fav channels into the fav menu yes.

You can put your movies into that folder or you can create a new folder with a different name and ftp it into the media folder. to locate it from your box go into media then click the folder at the top you should see your new folder in there.

Not sure on the andriod with webif.

Cheers mate, your answer makes things clearer. I'm not the type to just have it up and running, given time and where possible I'd like to try and understand a bit about it/what things do etc. Appreciate your answer.

you can add your fav channels into the fav menu yes.

Can I ask how? TIA.

Edit: Sussed it. :peace:

Move over a channel in the channel list. Press Menu button and then "Add service to bouquet" then choose "Favourites (TV)".

Hmm... Any way to move "Favourites (TV)" to the top of the list?

LOL Having just made my first major cock up while trying to edit "Favourites (TV)" I just successfully restored a backup image I'd created. Is that unlimited - how many times you can flash an image?

Last edited:
Go into the same menu you just did. click enable move i think it is. then highlight the fav folder it should change colour. move it to where you want it. when you happy where you put it press the ok button to change the colour back. once finish moving folders then press the menu button and disable move.

Thanks, your posts have put me on the right road. Now have a Local Media folder with a few 1080 encodes to watch/dump from the local HDD.

Will have a look at the bouquet editor tomorrow.

screen.jpg

How to automatically change channel at program start, not record, just switch to the channel?

Edit:

Sorted. In EPG press green "Add Timer" and in the dialog that appears move down to "Timer Type" and choose - Record/Zap and Record/Zap. Obviously choose Zap to change channel.

Last edited:
Can anyone help me sort out the EPG plz! I've obviously changed something and can't get back to how it used to look. When pressing EPG it used to look like the first screenshot, but now it looks like the second screenshot!

Obviously I don't want to go changing a load of settings, can someone point me to the relevant setting plz?

strip.jpg

Thank you, that sorted it. Had been trying for ages!

Menu > Setup > System > EPG > Graphical EPG Settings > Show Bouquet On Launch = No

---------- Post Merged at 05:44 PM ----------

What is the difference between creating an image from Backup Manager and Image Manager?

Backup Manager > Green for New Backup seems to do it very quickly. While Image Manager > Green for New Backup takes much longer and seems more thorough?

Hi guys... Another newbie jumping on the bandwagon about asking questions. Regarding the cache flush. I've got a zgemma h2s & that message pops up quite a bit in mine. Could someone help me as to if I've done something wrong & how to resolve please? & also, on my EPG, I get BBC 2 HD & BBC 2 listed first & BBC 1 is on the next page. Anyway I can change it so BBC 1 appears first? Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Thank you, that sorted it. Had been trying for ages!

Menu > Setup > System > EPG > Graphical EPG Settings > Show Bouquet On Launch = No

---------- Post Merged at 05:44 PM ----------

What is the difference between creating an image from Backup Manager and Image Manager?

Backup Manager > Green for New Backup seems to do it very quickly. While Image Manager > Green for New Backup takes much longer and seems more thorough?

Imagemanager does a full backup for you to reflash backup manager saves your settings so when you do an online flash you cachflush restore your settings

---------- Post Merged at 08:49 PM ----------

Ok buddy... Didn't realise sorry... It just came up on my feed. Cheers

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Have a look here http://www.techkings.org/zgemma-star-h-2s/ catchflush runs regularly press portal start catchflush and change display to no for the bbc issue you will be best using a backup if you have anymore questions post in that link

Back