Missing Channels

I have my homeplugs fitted into extentions... but there just normal extentions...I think the type of extentions you need to avoid to be able to use homeplugs are surge protection extentions

Well Thanks again for that Jagsy, but i have no idea what sort mine are, just normal ones i think lol Shall i just go for it instead of the passthrough ones you reckon ?

I`d hate to tell you to go for it and then it didn't work, I can tell you that the homeplugs I use in normal extentions and that they work fine using a normal extention are zyxel PLA4201 v2 homeplugs

I`d hate to tell you to go for it and then it didn't work, I can tell you that the homeplugs I use in normal extentions and that they work fine using a normal extention are zyxel PLA4201 v2 homeplugs

Hmm, a quick google search shows most places don`t sell them now, must be discontinued. I`ll have another look on flea bay, but TBH i`ll probably just get a cable :) I`ve only got to go around a door frame and along skirting board so not a massive job !

just been on ebay and seen that model for £20 for a pair, theres also a few in auctions
to be honest I would think any later zyxel model would work in extension cables

just been on ebay and seen that model for £20 for a pair, theres also a few in auctions
to be honest I would think any later zyxel model would work in extension cables

Cheers Jags, i`ll go have a look :) seems to be auction only for that model mate, i dunno why but i just can`t bring myself to trust them sort of things, especially for electrical gear LOL but thanks for the recommendation :)

Sod it, i`ve decided to just hard wire using ethernet lol. when i do that will it just be a case of switching from wifi to ethernet in settings ?

Last edited:
Sod it, i`ve decided to just hard wire using ethernet . when i do that will it just be a case of switching from wifi to ethernet in settings ?

Sorry guy`s just need to bump this ! I should receive my cable Tomorrow, and once i`ve set it up just need to know if it`s a case of switching from wifi to ethernet :)

Hi Guy`s, i`ve just installed my ethernet and all is great now with no issues at all :) Just a quick question for you all, how do i check signal quality and strength ? I have come across it many times before, but (by accident) lol when skipping through settings etc, but i just want to check.

TIA

T

I meant ignore my post, I edited it. Posted in wrong thread so would not help re your box!

Sent from my VF695 using Tapatalk

Back