Motorised or multi LND

Halopenos

Hello, I am looking to install a motorised dish in my house and I’m struggling to find someone providing that service but there is someone who would set up a dish with 3 LNbs as I need to connect to 3 satellites (19.2e, 16e and 28.2e) but was wondering if that is a viable option which wouldn’t cause problems? Would the signal on channels be fine?

Should I opt for that or just get a motorised dish? What are pros and cons of multi LNB and pros and cons of motorshed dish?

Any help most welcome please!

I have a multi-LNB dish,
but, also have a motorised one to put up when I get the chance
multi pros
you can record on one sat while watching another
you can have more than one box connected and watch different sats on each box
cons
you are limited to what sats you will be able to get

motorised
pretty much the opposite of multi, :grin:

what is your main purpose of doing this.? ie: what do you hope to be able to watch

Thanks so much it seems multi lnb is the better option for me! Well 28.2e I’m using for v*rgin media channels, and the other 2 sats I’m using to get the Balkan channels for sports such as premier league games etc

Thanks so much it seems multi lnb is the better option for me! Well 28.2e I’m using for v*rgin media channels, and the other 2 sats I’m using to get the Balkan channels for sports such as premier league games etc
I have 13 , 19 , 28 and VM ,
most of my viewing is on 19 since I put the multi dish up
you will get a lot more EPL on motorised, depending on what box you have, a lot of channels are opened using BISS keys, quite a few boxes dont support those
I dont really watch football,,,,,,,,

what other 2 sats do you want.?
you can only get certain combinations of sats on one dish, ie: you cant get 19 and 16 on one dish

I have zgemma h5.2tc would that do? And why can’t I get 19 and 16 on one dish? :( they’re the 3 sats I wanted, 28.2e, 19.2e and 16e

I have zgemma h5.2tc would that do? And why can’t I get 19 and 16 on one dish? :( they’re the 3 sats I wanted, 28.2e, 19.2e and 16e
You can't using multi lnb set up because of the thickness of the lnb's. Even when pushed up tight to one another they are more than the 3.2 degrees difference between 19.2 and 16e apart

You can't using multi lnb set up because of the thickness of the lnb's. Even when pushed up tight to one another they are more than the 3.2 degrees difference between 19.2 and 16e apart
You could use a 3 degree Monoblock lnb for 19E & 16E.
There's not many channels available on 16E with a Eurosub, Sport Klub Croatia shows PL matches, 13E might be a better choice.

Last edited:
You could use a 3 degree Monoblock lnb for 19E & 16E.
There's not many channels available on 16E with a Eurosub, Sport Klub Croatia shows PL matches, 13E might be a better choice.
so you reckon I should go for 13e, 19.2e and 28.2e then?

I've never understood what a tuner is and what it does? I have Zgemma h5.2tc and yes it will be only connected to that box alone, would that suit?

I've never understood what a tuner is and what it does? I have Zgemma h5.2tc and yes it will be only connected to that box alone, would that suit?
yes, but you will not be able to record on one of those sats and watch the other at the same time,
a monobloc LNB [in really simple terms] is like a wide angle lens, that lets your receiver see a wider area than a normal LNB could, thus picking up 2 sats at the same time on the one feed

That's fine I don't really record much, would recording including timeshift? also can you help me with one other thing please, my zgemma h5.2tc seems to be recording channels without me prompting me to do so? for example it will record channel Virgin 100 randomly for hours until I stop it? which is taking up memory on the device

you can record, and use tmeshift, just not on different sats at the same time using a monobloc LNB
for your other problem, you need to post in ether the zgemma section, or if you use an image, in the support thread

you can record, and use tmeshift, just not on different sats at the same time using a monobloc LNB
for your other problem, you need to post in ether the zgemma section, or if you use an image, in the support thread
thanks so much for your help, one last question what is mgcamd, newcamd and what's the difference between them? I know n line is basically a more stable c line but what are the other two?

Back