motorised sat and single feed setup query

cactikid

VIP Member
Ok might need input on this solo2 working on multisat and other feeds to other rooms to view channels from that sat,if i move sat from astra to hotbird how does one setup the feed on other boxes as it will change when dish moves?Also e2 boxes.

Upstairs on my et10000 i need to setup diseqc usage and not sure if a motor is also on that feed.

Second dish or setup second box to take the same channels

But this is my problem with motor
I don’t want a second dish

The way I have mine is I have motor on tuner b and sky dish on tuner a
And for other box I use client mode on vix to get the channels from main box that has 4 tuners 2 for sat and 2 for cable so the other box can watch anything they want.
And just yesterday I put saorview on box 2 and use remotechannelconverter on box 1 to get the saorview from it

I need to recheck what feeds are in use or near as i thought i had the cable with diseqc connected but tuners say not,might be hanging around in the back of the cabinet.
first fixed is on 28.2
second fixed dish is on hotbird.
motorised is a guess where it was on last lol

strangely enough my tm nano was running client from my et but not working on multisat?yes same ip as rechecked.

Best to have a look at what way you have the cables ran into the box I don't have a diseqc on my setup just cable from motor to box

My solo2 downstairs controls my motor and the amount of cables in use are all black lol
i know i have 2 x 28.2 feeds and assume other feed is hotbird from fixed dish and must be another one from diseqc switch + cable feeds.
not counting multiple lan cables ,hdmi cables, and the odd optical/spdif cables and power feeds,oops forgot the usb cables from hdds.
might have to pull all out and clean and refit with new setups.

red white and blue in use in attic but cannot remember lol
at a guess hotbird is red
astra is white
motor blue

That' a start lol
How many tuners have u got on the box?
Is motor cable coming in direct to box or on a diseqc switch?

Not sure what way client mode works with diseqc if second box is not moving the motor dish for u then I would think it's because of the diseqc.
Best would be to ask on wos about using client mode with diseqc or just get rid of it and run cable direct into the box,but then u lose 13e dish

but that box was able to use cable tuner and cant see why it cant use the hotbird feed or 28.2 feed as diseqc not connected yet.

only 1 box controls the motor as in solo2,others are feeds from the lnbs

Right so your et10000 is using 13e and 28.2 and 2 cable.
So you have Technomate as second box in client mode to et10000.
So second cable tuner works fine and it won't work with 13e and 28.2 only way i can see it not working is if your using the tuner 28.2 on first box as it only has 1 tuner on 28.2 so second box can't use it as no tuner free same with 13e.
Now the Solo2 is using the motor dish have u tried to connect the Technomate to it with client mode and see if it works

You could do it this way.
Use motor on et10000 and put 13e on Solo2 and put line for motor on et10000 and line for 13e on Solo2
Setup both with the tuners configuration for motor and 13e.
Then use Technomate in client mode to connect to et10000 so u can use cable sat 28.2 and motor on Technomate.
Then u can install remotechannelconverter on et10000 and connect to Solo2 so u can use the Solo2 tuners on et10000.

Right so your et10000 is using 13e and 28.2 and 2 cable.
So you have Technomate as second box in client mode to et10000.
So second cable tuner works fine and it won't work with 13e and 28.2 only way i can see it not working is if your using the tuner 28.2 on first box as it only has 1 tuner on 28.2 so second box can't use it as no tuner free same with 13e.
Now the Solo2 is using the motor dish have u tried to connect the Technomate to it with client mode and see if it works

I have diseqc switches [on both boxes] and can use 2nd box as a client, giving me 4 sat tuners and one cable tuner on 2nd box, same on primary, so I can record 4 channels and watch a 5th on either box,
non motorised, just multisat, 13 19 28 + DVB-C

You could do it this way.
Use motor on et10000 and put 13e on Solo2 and put line for motor on et10000 and line for 13e on Solo2
Setup both with the tuners configuration for motor and 13e.
Then use Technomate in client mode to connect to et10000 so u can use cable sat 28.2 and motor on Technomate.
Then u can install remotechannelconverter on et10000 and connect to Solo2 so u can use the Solo2 tuners on et10000.

cant see myself getting up a ladder as of yet so motor control has to stay on solo2 downstairs.
et10000 is in bedroom and only used in bed and need to recheck feeds.

cant see myself getting up a ladder as of yet so motor control has to stay on solo2 downstairs.
et10000 is in bedroom and only used in bed and need to recheck feeds.
Hads the Solo2 a feed from 28.2 as well if so then I would download remotechannelconverter on the et10000 and connect it to the Solo2 so your et can use the Solo2 motor tuner make sure solo2 is on 28.2 first and then you use it when you want to use it in bed lol

dont need solo2 on 28.2 as i added a max digital xp1000 in beside my et as i had a spare feed on 28.2
1 feed to triax box
1 feed to xp1000
1 hotbird feed to et
diseqc not working as only see feed on port b
other spare cable must be 28.2?

Back