Movie Organisor plugin - organise your series recordings into folders

Hi Grog68
Fantastic script that does the job!
Just one minor detail....
Is it possible to change the time that it runs so it does not run on the hour, but say 10 minutes past the hour?
Reason I am asking is because the remote is unusable while the script is running on the hour and that is always the time that I want to change channels! :)

Andy

Hi Grog68
Fantastic script that does the job!
Just one minor detail....
Is it possible to change the time that it runs so it does not run on the hour, but say 10 minutes past the hour?
Reason I am asking is because the remote is unusable while the script is running on the hour and that is always the time that I want to change channels! :)

Andy

What box are you using as it shouldn't be effecting the box that much. I wrote the plugin a long time ago and not really done much with it since. It's not actually coded to run on the hour, its coded to run once an hour (or whatever time you have set), so if the was turned on from powered off at 14:10, the timer starts then so it will run an hour later etc.

It’s running on a VU Duo2
I have it set to run hourly and it does run on the hour.
It only runs for say 5 - 10 seconds but it always seems to be when I want to change channels!

Andy

There is a new version of the MovieOrganisor plugin available, it is just cosmetic. The MovieOrganisor screen has been updated so it works on new HD skins that are being developed. If you are using a HD skin then MovieOrganisor 2.12 or less will be too small to read, 2.14 fixes this so the screen looks good on both skins resolutions.

Open the MovieOrganisor plugin and then press the blue button to update the plugin.

Firstly, this is a great little plugin so thanks for making this available. I was just wondering though if it was possible to have an option so directories don't get deleted and single recordings aren't moved out of them? It just makes it easier knowing where the recording is rather than one day it being in a directory and the next in the main list amongst other recordings if you've done some deleting. Vice versa if you have an empty directory the next recording would get moved into it.

Firstly, this is a great little plugin so thanks for making this available. I was just wondering though if it was possible to have an option so directories don't get deleted and single recordings aren't moved out of them? It just makes it easier knowing where the recording is rather than one day it being in a directory and the next in the main list amongst other recordings if you've done some deleting. Vice versa if you have an empty directory the next recording would get moved into it.
That's not something that has come up before, the idea is to work the same way as an official box which does move the last show back to the main list and deletes the folder.

If you keep the folder even when empty then how would you know if there is anything in it? you would have to check the folder which surely is no quicker than looking down the main list.

That's not something that has come up before, the idea is to work the same way as an official box which does move the last show back to the main list and deletes the folder.

If you keep the folder even when empty then how would you know if there is anything in it? you would have to check the folder which surely is no quicker than looking down the main list.

I guess it depends on what box you are trying to mirror, my Foxsat doesn't behave like that. Anyway if the folders are at the top of your list then it can be quicker just to go into it rather than scroll through the folder list to see if there's a folder and then onto the files below if there isn't. Obviously this depends on the amount of recordings, folders and sort option but personally i prefer my regular recordings at the top of the list in folders and with one off recordings below.

I'm just asking if there could be options on the clear down part of the script. I guess setting of 'minimum number of files per folder' would help. If the default was 2 then it would operate as it does now. A setting of 1 would keep existing folders but deletes blank ones. And a setting of 0 would keep all folders even if blank. You would then continue to create folders where there are 2 recordings with the same name as it works now but if a folder already existed then the next recording gets moved into it.

Anyhow this is just how it would suit my preference and everyone has different ways they like things. Thanks for the work you have done.

I guess it depends on what box you are trying to mirror, my Foxsat doesn't behave like that. Anyway if the folders are at the top of your list then it can be quicker just to go into it rather than scroll through the folder list to see if there's a folder and then onto the files below if there isn't. Obviously this depends on the amount of recordings, folders and sort option but personally i prefer my regular recordings at the top of the list in folders and with one off recordings below.

I'm just asking if there could be options on the clear down part of the script. I guess setting of 'minimum number of files per folder' would help. If the default was 2 then it would operate as it does now. A setting of 1 would keep existing folders but deletes blank ones. And a setting of 0 would keep all folders even if blank. You would then continue to create folders where there are 2 recordings with the same name as it works now but if a folder already existed then the next recording gets moved into it.

Anyhow this is just how it would suit my preference and everyone has different ways they like things. Thanks for the work you have done.

Ah it was based on the way the official sky and cable boxes work, as that was what most people was wanting to mirror and the only boxes I had used at the time when I wrote the plugin all that time ago.

Wouldn't it defeat the object, if folders were kept then you surely would have a long list of folders rather than just the recordings?

I'm not against the idea if there was a number of requests for it otherwise I would end up with hundreds of options to suit everyones individual preference.

Wouldn't it defeat the object, if folders were kept then you surely would have a long list of folders rather than just the recordings?

Not really you would still only have one item per programme name. I tend to delete recordings of soaps once I've watched them so usually there will be a varying number of recordings depending on how up to date I am with my viewing from none to maybe 3 or 4. I'd like to stop the switching of the recording from being listed in a folder or within the main list so I can just go into the folder. The order of my list is alphabetic which lists the folders first in alphabetical order than the files. The only other suitable one I can see would be 'flat alphabetic' which lists the folders and recordings together but obviously the more one off recording there are the more scrolling there is so it's easier having folders at the top.

I've also noticed a quirk in the plugin's behaviour. If you have an existing recording of a programme and you are recording a second one the old recording gets moved to a folder but if you run it again it gets moved back out and placed in the main list with the one being recorded. It's all fine once the second recording is finished though as it moves both to the folder. It's not a major issue I just thought it was a bit odd.

I've also noticed a quirk in the plugin's behaviour. If you have an existing recording of a programme and you are recording a second one the old recording gets moved to a folder but if you run it again it gets moved back out and placed in the main list with the one being recorded. It's all fine once the second recording is finished though as it moves both to the folder. It's not a major issue I just thought it was a bit odd.
Yes, that is a quirk I'm aware off. The first time it runs it sees two recordings (one complete and one still being recorded) so creates the folder and moves the completed recording into it, the next time it runs, as the 2nd one has finished then it is moved into the folder, if it's still recording it isn't moved. The plugin then checks for single file folders, so moves the 1st recording back out to main list.

Hi Grog68, thank you for this wonderful plugin. I would like to know when this plugin is creating folders for the movie files, the name it uses is basing on which name,

1. Name of the event?

2. Name listed in .eit file?

3. Name listed in .meta file?

Thanks & Best Regards

Hi Grog68, thank you for this wonderful plugin. I would like to know when this plugin is creating folders for the movie files, the name it uses is basing on which name,

1. Name of the event?

2. Name listed in .eit file?

3. Name listed in .meta file?

Thanks & Best Regards
It just extracts the program name from the filename of the recording

It just extracts the program name from the filename of the recording

Hi Grog68, thanks very much for your quick reply.

Is it possible to extract the program name from .eit or .meta files?

It will be great if possible, because many images could not change “the name & description when event changes”. I am doing many daily series timer recordings, so when the series ended and a new one start, it will be capture as a different series and a different folder will be created.

Best Regards

Hi Grog68, thanks very much for your quick reply.

Is it possible to extract the program name from .eit or .meta files?

It will be great if possible, because many images could not change “the name & description when event changes”. I am doing many daily series timer recordings, so when the series ended and a new one start, it will be capture as a different series and a different folder will be created.

Best Regards

the only reason it may not work on any image is if they save the files with a different naming format, they all use the linux operating system. What image are you thinking it would not work on?

The Meta and eit both contain the program name but that assumes all images write the data in them in the same order

Last edited:
the only reason it may not work on any image is if they save the files with a different naming format, they all use the linux operating system. What image are you thinking it would not work on?

The Meta and eit both contain the program name but that assumes all images write the data in them in the same order
I had already tested the followings images that does not change the names & description when the event changes. Most of them has the feature in timer recording setting but sadly it doesn’t work.

1. OpenVti

2. Blackhole

3. OpenSpa

4. OpenEsi

5. OpenAtv

6. OpenNfr

7. Indb4

I had already tested the followings images that does not change the names & description when the event changes. Most of them has the feature in timer recording setting but sadly it doesn’t work.

1. OpenVti

2. Blackhole

3. OpenSpa

4. OpenEsi

5. OpenAtv

6. OpenNfr

7. Indb4
I'm not sure what you mean about changing the names & description? this plugin doesn't change the name or description. I knpow for a fact it works on open ATV and I believe there are users using it on openVIX

Back